Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fat is not the same as curvy. I'm a size 10. 5'2". I have a 12" diff between my hips and waist. No rolls in between. To me that is curvy.

I have been much larger. 250 lbs. And while I still had a good 10 " difference between my hips and waist I wouldn't have said I was curvy....I was rolly.

But I have noticed a trend among plus sized women in the last few years, where they seem to just have adopted the adjective curvy to describe themselves. I'm a size 22 and curvy....uh, no, you probably aren't. There does come a size where curvy stops and you are just fat. And that is okay, to be fat and love yourself, but be honest with yourself. You will never change if you can't be honest about what you really look like.

That's my soapbox. Have fun with it:)

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Replies (171-180):
MommieSDW
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:31 AM
There is truly no winning. I'm 180. Size 11/12. To half the women in this post I am horribly fat. Until I post a pic and then the other half tell me I'm too little to be plus sized and curvy. So whatever, love yourself. Who cares what women on the internet think. If you are happy and healthy, then whatever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessmichelle2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:31 AM

damn it this would have been fun to do 5 months ago, but im pregnant now and my measurements wouldnt make much sense lmao

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

i want to know my measurments now haha im curious

.... much time passing while i look for tape measure..

haha and im 5'5" yup im a pear

Quoting Jessmichelle2:

haha me too >.<

"32-24-36, haha only if shes 5'2""

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

i sang your measurements in my head.

Quoting ImNotKarl:

lol. I love when people tell my I'm skinny so I CAN'T be curvy. I have baby-making hips, and rather large breasts, and when I'm not pregnant my measurments are literally out of the Sir Mix-a-Lot song. 34-24-36. I'm 5'2" and weigh around 110 lbs on average. I only own 2 pairs of jeans because it's so hard to find anything that fits my shape, but I'm told all the time that I'm thin so I can't claim to have curves.

Haters gonna hate.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Jessica Michelle - Pregnant with a little boy or girl and Mother to one very smart, tough little 4 year old princess with a wild imagination who was nursed till she was 2, baby/toddler lead parenting, veggie addicted and excited big sister-to-be Kamaria <3 

chas1217
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:36 AM

We should :). That's okay, I need a food Nazi lol. I'm starting to think I need to be taught about eating healthy, it's like I can't figure it out lol.

Quoting svolkov:

Bahahaha no way we should be work out/get to 150 buddies lol. Im a bit of a food Nazi tho so ive been told

Quoting chas1217:

I would love to move 15 from my belly to my butt, I just haven't figured out how to do it yet lol.  I had stopped drinking pop and drank nothing but water for a little while, I think that was really helping, then my ds had emergency surgery and we were in the hospital for days and I started drinking it again and eating crap again. I need to get back on no pop and eating better, and your picture of what my size 12 could look like just helped motivate me to do that :). Hopefully that didn't make me sound like a creeper lmao.

Quoting svolkov:

Take 15 off your middle and add it on your bum and it would be close lol. Plus I have flattering clothes. If I wore huge jeans and a tshirt that photo would not look nearly as good

Quoting chas1217:

My boobs are big but I have no butt! I was to do that brazil butt lift workout and hopefully make it look better lol, I swear it concaves in. I would love to be 130 pounds, I think that's what the BMI says my ideal weight for my height is, but I almost don't feel like that's a realistic weight for me.

This is me at 175, about a month after having my 2nd son

Those pants we're too big, they were a size 16. I didn't have any 12s I had to go buy some. But I think I look alot bigger than you.

Quoting svolkov:

My butt and boobs r huge too lol I know my lean body mass is 130lbs (what id weigh with zero body fat) I used to use a trainer while preggo lol

Quoting chas1217:

That's my goal too :). You must be more muscular than I am, I weight 175 and look much bigger. I'll post a pic in a minute.

Quoting svolkov:

In this pic 178...im about 170 now :) goal is 150

Quoting chas1217:

You look great momma! I'm a size 12 and your size 12 looks much better than mine lol. How much do you weigh? (you don't have to answer, I'm just curious, we're the same height too).

Quoting svolkov:

Few months ago. I was 8lbs heavier here than I am now

SusieQue717
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

O.O You pervy pervert! LOL!!! 

Thank you. 

Quoting aniters:

Damn! You look good :)
I'm not trying to sound pervy. Lol

Quoting SusieQue717:

183 lbs, 5'2" size 12 pants... curvy

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM

muscle is more dense than fat which is why you can be heavier on the scale yet look leaner in person.  i am in this category as well.  i'm 5'4 and about 135lbs but i'm a size 2.  people are surprised when the hear how much i weigh but i'm mostly muscle and look small in stature.  that's not to say i don't have any fat on my body because i do but the BMI charts are old and outdated and should not be used to determine if one is overweight or not.... this should only be done by fat to muscle ratio.

Quoting PROGENITOR:

Oh, one can totally be both. I am saying there comes a point when one surpasses the other, yet it is all called "curvy." The size I chose was random. Yeah, some size 22s can pull it off, I would venture to say that many cannot. It was interesting that so many got so defensive so quickly, when I really didn't write anything cruel.

Also, I know some people don't realize, that tools such as BMI, which measure height to weight are not the best tools out there to determine if you are "fat." Muscle weighs a lot. Bodybuilders are usually in the obese category in BMI. I've had a body composition analysis. I know how many of my pounds are muscle, and how many are fat, water, and stuff like that. It was interesting. If anyone has a chance to get one done I highly recommend it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you telling her she can only be one or the other? I am technically overweight for my height (5'3) but I am still visibly curvy and not full of fat rolls. If you don't believe me, I can take a picture. I am not calling my fat rolls curvy as a sustitute word. I call myself curvy because I am, even though I AM on the bigger side right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course, that would be 4 in taller and make her not overweight.

Quoting Anonymous:

Um...I don't know about OP, but I am 160 pounds and I'm curvy. Not fat. My shape has always been curvy. When i get too heavy, yeah, I just turn fat looking, but just because someone is 150 pounds doesn't mean they are a tub of rolls. For starters, if she were about 5,6 she wouldn't even look close to fat!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am 5'2 110lbs. She's 40lbs heavier than me. Better now? *eye roll*

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you can't be both. You're either overweight or curvy. They're not the same and if you're overweight, you have rolls. I'm petite and I have a tiny pooch left from pregnancy so don't even try to tell me you weigh 60-100+ lbs more than me and you have no rolls.

Quoting PROGENITOR:

Quoting Anonymous:

How much do you weigh?

150 lbs. I am still overweight. I never said I wasn't.

You weigh 50-90 lbs? LOL

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Mind your own curves instead of concerning yourself with what other women want to call their shape.

Calling someone fat isn't going to make anyone healthier, and being rude to girls that are "too skinny" won't make anyone more desirable.

There are enough men on this planet that love women in all different shapes, sizes, and personalities. So let's move on from petty name calling, and worry about our own lives and health.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Pics or your just fat
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I see rolls

Quoting SusieQue717:

Thank you. 

Quoting aniters:

Quoting SusieQue717:

Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Lmfao

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you can't be both. You're either overweight or curvy. They're not the same and if you're overweight, you have rolls. I'm petite and I have a tiny pooch left from pregnancy so don't even try to tell me you weigh 60-100+ lbs more than me and you have no rolls.

Quoting PROGENITOR:

Quoting Anonymous:

How much do you weigh?

150 lbs. I am still overweight. I never said I wasn't.

You weigh 50-90 lbs? LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I see rolls

Quoting SusieQue717:

Thank you. 

Quoting aniters:

Quoting SusieQue717:

Where? You realize that rolls..roll, right? You have to have fat that tucks in on itself in order to have a roll. No part of her does that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN