Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fat is not the same as curvy. I'm a size 10. 5'2". I have a 12" diff between my hips and waist. No rolls in between. To me that is curvy.

I have been much larger. 250 lbs. And while I still had a good 10 " difference between my hips and waist I wouldn't have said I was curvy....I was rolly.

But I have noticed a trend among plus sized women in the last few years, where they seem to just have adopted the adjective curvy to describe themselves. I'm a size 22 and curvy....uh, no, you probably aren't. There does come a size where curvy stops and you are just fat. And that is okay, to be fat and love yourself, but be honest with yourself. You will never change if you can't be honest about what you really look like.

That's my soapbox. Have fun with it:)

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Replies (181-186):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Look under her boobs on the sides black is just a masking color

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

I see rolls

Quoting SusieQue717:

O.O You pervy pervert! LOL!!! 

Thank you. 

Quoting aniters:

Damn! You look good :)

I'm not trying to sound pervy. Lol

Quoting SusieQue717:

183 lbs, 5'2" size 12 pants... curvy

Where? You realize that rolls..roll, right? You have to have fat that tucks in on itself in order to have a roll. No part of her does that.

PROGENITOR
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I know. If I lost 40 lbs of fat I wouldn't have enough fat on my body. At 127lbs I'd be 15% body fat. Eh, I don't know I want to make that effort.  I'm within the healthy range for women. Albeit, on the high end, but not the very end:) I'm cool with it.

Quoting itsm3:

muscle is more dense than fat which is why you can be heavier on the scale yet look leaner in person.  i am in this category as well.  i'm 5'4 and about 135lbs but i'm a size 2.  people are surprised when the hear how much i weigh but i'm mostly muscle and look small in stature.  that's not to say i don't have any fat on my body because i do but the BMI charts are old and outdated and should not be used to determine if one is overweight or not.... this should only be done by fat to muscle ratio.

Quoting PROGENITOR:

Oh, one can totally be both. I am saying there comes a point when one surpasses the other, yet it is all called "curvy." The size I chose was random. Yeah, some size 22s can pull it off, I would venture to say that many cannot. It was interesting that so many got so defensive so quickly, when I really didn't write anything cruel.

Also, I know some people don't realize, that tools such as BMI, which measure height to weight are not the best tools out there to determine if you are "fat." Muscle weighs a lot. Bodybuilders are usually in the obese category in BMI. I've had a body composition analysis. I know how many of my pounds are muscle, and how many are fat, water, and stuff like that. It was interesting. If anyone has a chance to get one done I highly recommend it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you telling her she can only be one or the other? I am technically overweight for my height (5'3) but I am still visibly curvy and not full of fat rolls. If you don't believe me, I can take a picture. I am not calling my fat rolls curvy as a sustitute word. I call myself curvy because I am, even though I AM on the bigger side right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course, that would be 4 in taller and make her not overweight.

Quoting Anonymous:

Um...I don't know about OP, but I am 160 pounds and I'm curvy. Not fat. My shape has always been curvy. When i get too heavy, yeah, I just turn fat looking, but just because someone is 150 pounds doesn't mean they are a tub of rolls. For starters, if she were about 5,6 she wouldn't even look close to fat!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am 5'2 110lbs. She's 40lbs heavier than me. Better now? *eye roll*

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you can't be both. You're either overweight or curvy. They're not the same and if you're overweight, you have rolls. I'm petite and I have a tiny pooch left from pregnancy so don't even try to tell me you weigh 60-100+ lbs more than me and you have no rolls.

Quoting PROGENITOR:

Quoting Anonymous:

How much do you weigh?

150 lbs. I am still overweight. I never said I wasn't.

You weigh 50-90 lbs? LOL

SusieQue717
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Thank you for looking so hard? Glad I gave you something to do?? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I see rolls

Quoting SusieQue717:

O.O You pervy pervert! LOL!!! 

Thank you. 

Quoting aniters:

Damn! You look good :)

I'm not trying to sound pervy. Lol

Quoting SusieQue717:

183 lbs, 5'2" size 12 pants... curvy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I agree with you

lindilouwho82
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I am 5'3 with 40" hips, 32" waist and a 38" bust. I am curvy and I did not know I had this figure until I lost close to eighty pounds after LapBand surgery. Before surgery I had no idea I could be something more than "fat" and I know that losing my "curves" is impossible. It is the way my body is shaped and even though I would like lose a few more inches off my hips, I am happy with how everything looks when it's all dressed up and wearing a pair of Louboutin heels.

LetoLiebe
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Your attitude is so cute and truthful...all the same curves, svelte and taught or soft and round are good for a woman to have:)

Quoting Tesserae:

lol, I agree. I am a size 16 and feel fat, not curvy. I was a 22 a few months ago and I was absolutely fat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN