Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I liked 50 Shades and all.... but seriously... **EDIT WITH PIC**

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 79 Replies

How far are they going to take this? Jewelry? I guess they got to squeeze out as much as they can while it's popular. I liked the books but they are definitely not on my list of best books ever. I will, however, be in line to see the movie. Now you may commence to load the post with how awful the books were :)

Here are some examples: (thanks ColieO for the pic)

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM
13 moms liked this

I couldn't finish it. She kept saying "oh my.." whenever she got turned on by Grey. I couldn't not read it in George Takei's voice. 

Such horrific writing. 

As for your original question. They will milk it for all it's worth. 

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM

LOL!  Merchandising, merchandising, merchandising - that's where all the money is made!

Oh and they WERE awfully written books, but I read all 3 of them.  The Crossfire series was significantly better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I've tried reading it twice now and couldn't focus either time. Lol I guess it just wasn't captivating enough for me. What's the jewelry look like?
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM

they are making a movie too

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Isn't that a kids' store?!

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I had a problem with the repetitiveness and amateurish writing at first too but I made myself continue. I can't leave a book unfinished. And once I was done with book 1 I was intrigued enough to move onto book 2. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I couldn't finish it. She kept saying "oh my.." whenever she got turned on by Grey. I couldn't not read it in George Takei's voice. 

Such horrific writing. 

The.Hug.Life
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I want to know too.

(I did read the books, but I laughed the entire time. Come on, that shit was pathetic.)

Quoting Anonymous:

I've tried reading it twice now and couldn't focus either time. Lol I guess it just wasn't captivating enough for me. What's the jewelry look like?

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I have no idea. Now I must google it and find out...

Quoting Anonymous:

AmyL3469
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

This is so damn funny!! I did the SAME THING. Every "oh my.." i'm like oh man, get out of my head sulu.

Quoting Anonymous:

Such horrific writing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)