Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

trashy renters

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
This isn't a post bashing renters, i am a renter.
We a trying to move. The area we live in is full of drugs. We looked all day and only found 2 bedrooms. We need 3, we have a 10 year old son and a 13 year old daughter. Anyways, we found 1 house that was a 3 bedroom. They used to rent the house for what we are able to pay but the last tentants wrecked it caused over $5000 worth of damage to it, so because of that they raised the rent $200 more a month. Why do people do that wreck houses when they move. I have never done that not even when i had to move because my landlord got foreclosed on. Trashy renters ruin it for the rest of us.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:59 PM
They do. We rent also. The house we are renting now was horribly damaged by the previous renter. He wanted alot for rent too. We were able to get our rent lowered by giving letters from the apartment complex we rented from. We were there for 10 years. After he saw the letter he dropped the rent down to $900, which is cheap here.(AZ) Now we have been in the house for three years and every year his wife begs us to stay. We also offered to replace the blinds while we lived there, with no charge to them. Could you try to get a letter from your previous place that you rented from to show good faith. Not sure it would work for you but its worth a shot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Maybe where i live now, ill have to see. Thanks for the advice.

Quoting Anonymous:

They do. We rent also. The house we are renting now was horribly damaged by the previous renter. He wanted alot for rent too. We were able to get our rent lowered by giving letters from the apartment complex we rented from. We were there for 10 years. After he saw the letter he dropped the rent down to $900, which is cheap here.(AZ) Now we have been in the house for three years and every year his wife begs us to stay. We also offered to replace the blinds while we lived there, with no charge to them. Could you try to get a letter from your previous place that you rented from to show good faith. Not sure it would work for you but its worth a shot.
gravercem
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I dont know, I really think they were pigs to begin with!  I know the people who forclosed on before we bought our house were.  The first time we did a walk through I walked out.  I help my brother do turn overs for a few land lords I just shake my head at the way people leave the places.  One unit is a duplex we have had to basicly fix the walls, put in new carpet, windows ect. each time.  I also see people leaving alot of clothes, and belongings behind I get sad when I see that they have left most of their childrens toys, and clothes behind.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)