Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you find it hard to

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Be an empath?

I do. My husband doesn't really understand or believe.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Empathy has many different definitions. These definitions encompass a broad range, from caring for other people and having a desire to help them, to experiencing emotions that match another person's emotions, to knowing what the other person is thinking or feeling, to blurring the line between self and other.

Hummm...Google told me different.
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah but there is a lot of intuition that goes along with that.

You can have empathy for people but would you take on the physical as well? Say a headache.

Most people are taught to push their "feelings" aside.

Quoting mich.el.le:

YOu find it hard to be an empath? Your husband doesn't believe that people can take on others emotions?

You aren't making a whole lot of sense. I know what an empath is. I'm asking for clarification on whether YOU find it hard to be one. And whether your husband believes in them or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Well if you read my op, Yes I do find it hard. That is not unusual. And yes, I want my dh to understand better.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

You can have empathy for people but would you take on the physical as well? Say a headache.

Quoting mich.el.le:

YOu find it hard to be an empath? Your husband doesn't believe that people can take on others emotions?

You aren't making a whole lot of sense. I know what an empath is. I'm asking for clarification on whether YOU find it hard to be one. And whether your husband believes in them or not.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well if you read my op, Yes I do find it hard. That is not unusual. And yes, I want my dh to understand better.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

I did read your op, just wanted to make sure I was understanding you correctly as I find this post kind of random and odd. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes. I find myself cutting people out of my life, that's why it's important to be surrounded by positive people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Why not?? You don't get tired of the same drama?

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

I did read your op, just wanted to make sure I was understanding you correctly as I find this post kind of random and odd. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Thank you for your reply:)

I've had to do that and people just don't understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes. I find myself cutting people out of my life, that's why it's important to be surrounded by positive people.
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?? You don't get tired of the same drama?

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

I just found it oddly worded, not an odd topic. Sorry for the confusion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Then those people weren't meant to be in your life. That's how I see it, anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for your reply:)

I've had to do that and people just don't understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mama_Dolly
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM
My son is sn empath. Its hard on him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN