Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you find it hard to

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Be an empath?

I do. My husband doesn't really understand or believe.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Replies (31-39):
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM
You're nonsense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sweet!

This is the kind of nonsense I am talking about. I find it hard to be around hateful people like you.

Quoting s.osborne:

Yea no I don't do that. My mom does and it annoys the shit out of me. She's constantly in bed or crying or something stupid because of everyone around her. Get the fuck over it jesus.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very empathetic. I find it very difficult to seperate my own emotions from those of the people around me. My hubby is understanding though.

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Carnelian and citrine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am still trying to figure out how to not take on so much. Big crowds are the worst.

What stones do you use?

Quoting eesmommy:

Yes, I have to find time to relax each day, most of the time I fall asleep for 30 minutes because I am so exhausted. I wear special stones for my needs, they help greatly.

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Soaking in a hot tub of water with jasmine and lavendar and pink sea salt helps as well, you will want to Google why wince I forget exactly. Sometimes it helps to rub dirt between your palms, I have some sand we collected at the beach and I run it through my fingers, you do need to put your rocks and sand under the full moon to cleanse and recharge them. Soft relaxation music can help, I have Pandora on my phone and earbuds in my purse. If its summer and its raining I will go stand in the rain. You can do chacra cleansing as well, sometimes you can get extremely emotional while doing them so i always try to do that in the shower, the water helps calm and soothe me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM
That is true but I try to at least learn or take something away from the interaction.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then those people weren't meant to be in your life. That's how I see it, anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for your reply:)

I've had to do that and people just don't understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes. I find myself cutting people out of my life, that's why it's important to be surrounded by positive people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM
No, I feel too much from people. I was always very sensitive to people while growing up and even more so now.

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

Do you mean by being an empath that you actually physically feel what others are feeling? Or do you mean you just have trouble feeling empathy for people?

I'm not an empath. I do believe, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
That is where I battle. While my dh tries to understand, he just doesn't fully comprehend how I feel. Even down to my in-laws. He finally saw the real people they were and understood.

He is a wonderful man, I just wished he trusted my feel for people more:)

Quoting Anonymous:

You have to learn to separate as much as possible and stay away from the negative people in your life as much as possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do tell:)

Quoting Anonymous:

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I need to jot those down. Thanks!

Quoting eesmommy:

Carnelian and citrine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am still trying to figure out how to not take on so much. Big crowds are the worst.

What stones do you use?

Quoting eesmommy:

Yes, I have to find time to relax each day, most of the time I fall asleep for 30 minutes because I am so exhausted. I wear special stones for my needs, they help greatly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Thank you:)

I am still I'm the process of learning to ground myself and meditate...my brain doesn't know how to turn off yet.

I know I have a lot of baggage to get rid of. If it can't be released, it is a big drain:)

Quoting eesmommy:

Soaking in a hot tub of water with jasmine and lavendar and pink sea salt helps as well, you will want to Google why wince I forget exactly. Sometimes it helps to rub dirt between your palms, I have some sand we collected at the beach and I run it through my fingers, you do need to put your rocks and sand under the full moon to cleanse and recharge them. Soft relaxation music can help, I have Pandora on my phone and earbuds in my purse. If its summer and its raining I will go stand in the rain. You can do chacra cleansing as well, sometimes you can get extremely emotional while doing them so i always try to do that in the shower, the water helps calm and soothe me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN