Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Days to a thinner 'healthier' me...OP updated on 2/19

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 133 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was suppose to start juicing yesterday, but we were at Disney California Adventure Hotel at the begining of this week and we were supposed to leave on Wednessday but they offered us another day, and we couldn't help but take the offer.

So today starts my 30 days, maybe even 60 days of juicing. I am hoping for better health, and weight lost. Better health is my main priority, but I will be so excited if I can be a size 10 again. (not in 60 days but evenutally)

For greater details of why I am Juicing click here

For recipes follow my blog, I am trying to post 30 recipes. So far I have one for everyday...

Update DAY 5.

Ok to clear somethings up I am Juicing with a blender and I am juicing everything a VEGAN would eat. Nuts, seeds, Vegetables, oils, grains and Fruit. All raw and mostly organic (hard to find somethings in organic but most of them have skins I throw away)I juice 64 oz a day (averaging 1900 calories a day) and I drink 128 oz of water. It is very IMPORTANT that your water is at LEAST twice your juice per oz. And drink water in between sips of juice.

I am Juicing to help cure health problems, both mine and my juicing partner. I have been loosing weight with life style changes and exercise for a few months before starting my fast.  I am monitored by a doctor and know to watch for symptoms. One is your urine out put. You should be peeing like crazy, and it should be light in color to clear. If it is dark, that is a bad sign.

Also if you have a job where you exercise a lot, I would not recommend only juicing. This is a personal opnion though, as some have, but I wouldn't.

I also follow Dr. Shoultz and use some of his products, if I was richer, I would use more. I love his stuff.

Ok now on to the good stuff....

Before starting my healthy life style I was 285 pounds. I am 6'2" and very muscular, (when I was 180 (pre pregnancy) people would tell me I looked anorexia, and that is supposedly the top of my HEALTHY weight for a BMI chart, so I don't follow that) I am not sure exactly what weight I want to be more like when I feel healthy I will stop, somewhere around size 10/12.) Ok moving on...while eating full meals and exercising I would average 1/2 pound every TWO WEEKS, I was eating right for my BMR, working out right, and it was slow but steady and frustrating, I would loose a pound or two gain one back, loose nothing, loose 2 pounds, gain one back, loose nothing. I do have to say I took weeks off where I wouldn't exercise and/or I didn't eat the HEALTHIEST. IE at Disneyland, well I did exercise walking both parks everyday at least twice plus downtown disney and exploring the hotel, swimming for three hours for two of those days, but I did have ice cream, benyas (sp? its french pastry). And I didn't track calories at all.

Ok starting the fast first thing in the morning before touching a drop of juice I was....

259.6 waist 42 hips 52 bust 48

Today in the am at day 5 of juicing I am......

250.6 waist 41 hips 52 bust 48

My hair is actually growing more in this short time too. It has never been past my shoulder. I also notices that my brush in the am isn't as full of hair. My skin is clearing up. (I had bad onset adult acne). My digestive system seems to be working better.

I will do major updates in the op every 5 days. for a blow by blow of how I am feeling, I post it through out the thread. If I am craving something or having a particularly bad moment. Etc

update 2/10

Well my weight lost has slowed down but the inches coming off had almost stayed the same.

Current weight 247.2 3 pounds

Bust 46 (yes I lost 2 inches up here but my cup size is the same WOOHOO)

Waist 40 (again yeah!) Oh and I tried on some size 16 pants two days ago, laying on the bed and SQUEEZING I could get them on. I would like it if I could wear them by the end of this month...

hips: 50 YEAH for this too

Everyday I feel more energetic and healthier for lack of a better word. I am sleeping better and it is affecting other parts of my life all for the positive.When I tried diets, to try and get healthier by day 10 I was feeling like crap on them. I was feeling exhausted and over worked. But with this, I am feeling better than ever!!!  I am deep cleaning EVERYTHING around me. Cleaning out my storage area. Playing longer and harder with my son.

Now I crave MEAN GREEN smoothies all the time (sucking on one right now), the sight of cookies don't temp me at all. It is weird, I don't crave meat or sweets at all. This next week my aunt is supposed to visit if my PCOS doesn't interfere as that is when she visited last month around this time. Usually I crave chocolate and spicy food just before i start so we shall see.

My son is benifiting as well. He is eating his veggies more.

My mom will go to eating one meal everyday, not for any other reason than she wants to. She says she feels great.

We both walked 5 miles today together. And had alot of fun.

Updated 2/19

Ok on the 17 I ate avacode salad, and yesterday I had a salad with vinager, the same salad my mom has been having for the last 9 days. I was with her and it just looked so good. I have choosen to go to one meal a day and juice the rest of the time. I really wanted to make it 30 days, but I don't know if its my PMS or lack of will power but I just want to eat one meal a day. I will still up date my progress, until I make it to my goal. (or until i fall of the wagon) Staying positive until I make it. Anyways for my 16 days of juicing I will give you my stats:

Weight on day 16: 244.9 pounds Total lost 14.7 pounds

waist on day 16: 38 3/4 total lost 2 1/4 inches

Hips on day 16: 50 total lost 2 inches

bust: 45 total lost 3 inches (though my cup size has only gone down a 1/2 inch?, which is good I guess)

So I will be eating a lunch today, it will be a salad of some sort, and then I will still juice breakfast and dinner and evening snack. Dinner with be a mean grean drink and breakfast will be fruit and evening snack will be almond or coconut milk and fruit.

I will update with my weight lost on Feb 28 to show even with eating a meal, I am still doing great. Oh and as a further confession. On day 19, we went to the healthy resurant and I had their salad, and my son had their pizza and another carrot cake and I took another bite of his cake. Not that I feel guilty at all. Anyways, if you want to know what i put on my salads or any smoothies I am doing just ask. I have made a list of the smoothies I am doing on my blog, though it is a work in progress with me having to update it with some more that I have tried but the direct link is here.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM
boy have i peed alot today. i also have a caffine headache. i read day one through three is the hardest...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
i feel so tired, its only 6 pm. i want to chew something. well there is my confession
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM
i fell quickly asleep last night. i dreamt of food all night. woke up thristy though. feeling great too. let the morning madness begin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

My groceries list for the week

9 cucumber
20 celery stalks
14 green apples
20 kale leaves
4-6 ginger
2 pineapple
4 grapefruit
6 large carrots
4 parsnip
10 navel oranges
64 oz coconut water
2 heads of broccoli
cabbage
4 pears
romaine lettuce
pomegranate 
frozen blueberries
spinach
2 avocado
frozen mango ?
cantaloupe
pumpkin seeds/ pepitas
6 coconut yogurts

Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Bump to follow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
3 moms liked this
......And here I am eating a donut. *Cheers*
IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Be careful, I ended up in the hospital when I tried a juice fast, even though I followed all the recommendations to a tee! I ended up almost shutting my kidneys and liver down! Just be careful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Good luck
snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM

yikes, well I saw my doctor just before my vacation, and she wants to see me again in the middle of this month to make sure everything is alright. Did you just drink the same thing everyday, or did you switch juice up.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips:

Be careful, I ended up in the hospital when I tried a juice fast, even though I followed all the recommendations to a tee! I ended up almost shutting my kidneys and liver down! Just be careful!

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
10 moms liked this

WHERE IS YOUR PROTEIN?  that was my thought when i lookied at your list.

you NEED protein to keep you full longer and complex carbs to give you energy. macronutrients are IMPERATIVE for healthy body functions and internal processes!  i swear, it KILLS me to see people doing such drastic things to lose weight.   YOU CANNOT SUSTAIN THIS FOREVER... start out right by eating clean, finding out what your caloric intake should be for weight loss according to your height, age, weight and exercise level and then track your calories.  start exercising reguarly and you WILL SEE THE WEIGHT COME OFF.  not only is this the RIGHT AND SAFE WAY to lose weight but you are teaching yourself how to eat properly for long-term weight maintenance.  your organs will not be taxed out, your body will not be exhausted and your muscles will not whither away!!!!!!!!!!

it's ok to have a juiced shake for a snack but certainly not to replace every single meal.

if you want to lse weight properly and not tax your body like crazy, EAT RIGHT, eat clean and track your calories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured