Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lets ENACT NEW prescription drugs CONTOL REGULATIONS.. They kill more people than Guns every year!

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I agree with the Alcohol, and all illegal drugs.. And as I already said definitely the tobacco 

Quoting wkukid:

Or alcohol or illegal drugs. They should all be destroyed. Along with prescription drugs and guns.

Quoting DamianaFire:

I think cigarettes should be illegal. Also dip, smokeless tobacco. I read that around 450,000 a year die from smoking related illness.

Some people need prescription MEDs. Some need guns. NO ONE NEEDS TO SMOKE.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Home girl needs an intervention.  Back pain is bad but not as bad as a toothache and not as bad as child birth.  POeple dont need these drugs.  What's worse is the stupid ritalin people give their bad kids. 

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM

If this really is happening you really should turn her into the authorities for prescription drug fraud.. 

If she was too drugged up with your niece in the car.. Would you feel bad you hadn't said something? I know if it were me I SURE AS HELL WOULD!

Quoting Not_A_Native:

No, of course we shouldn't ban them - just like we shouldn't ban guns.  But they SHOULD be much more regulated.

My sister in law is an example.  She has back pain, and needs an operation.  She got a prescription for Oxycontin.  After awhile, it wasn't enough.  Went back to the doctor, he added a prescription for Tramadol (sp), as well as the oxy.  Still not enough for her, but her doctor wouldn't give her more.  Went to another doctor, got duplicate prescriptions (filled at a different pharmacy).  Repeated that whole thing several times.  She takes a MASSIVE amount of painkillers every day - she's a single mom, drives her kid around.  There should be a national network for pills like this - NO ONE should be able to get 8x the amount of prescription painkillers they need EVERY SINGLE MONTH.

LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! I did not know that many were killed due to prescription drugs.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Marijuana is still 0 deaths woooot woooooot!!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Quoting Mashnut3161:

fuck you on banning RX drugs. at least whoever is saying that. Lets ban oxygen to whoever wants to ban my ability to live.

You truly believe that prescription drugs are your only ability to live.. THAT IN ITSELF TELLS US YOU NEED REMOVED FROM THEM.. 

Unless.. Ex your speaking of like Diabetic medications etc.!

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Me thinks you have never studied psychology.

Quoting Anonymous:

Home girl needs an intervention.  Back pain is bad but not as bad as a toothache and not as bad as child birth.  POeple dont need these drugs.  What's worse is the stupid ritalin people give their bad kids. 

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Damn what will I mix with my Vodka??? I guess I have to turn to illegal drugs.... I mean that is much better right??? Really though.. you got some Percocet?

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What does back pain, tooth aches and bad kids have in common?

100 years ago none of these things were treated the way they are now.. AND people survived just fine.. Bad kids got the spankings they deserved.. Bad teeth weren't as prevalent as people also didn't have as much sugar in their diet. And Backpain people learned to live with!

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

Quoting Anonymous:

What does back pain, tooth aches and bad kids have in common?

100 years ago none of these things were treated the way they are now.. AND people survived just fine.. Bad kids got the spankings they deserved.. Bad teeth weren't as prevalent as people also didn't have as much sugar in their diet. And Backpain people learned to live with!

Do you also want to institutionalize anyone with a mental illness again and use barbaric methods to "treat" them?

And if we go back 100 years ago, can we put the cocaine back in coke?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)