Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lets ENACT NEW prescription drugs CONTOL REGULATIONS.. They kill more people than Guns every year!

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Replies (91-91):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I really thought that it was a national thing that was enacted by the government to stop pill mills. You might want to check into it to see. I know that people in my state have been busted for coming here to get prescriptions and for getting prescriptions in their home state. It would seem to me that it would be a national database if they could see prescriptions filled in other states.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Quoting Anonymous:

Doctor shopping and pharmacy hopping is illegal. In my state, which I assumed it was the same everywhere but I guess not, there is a database that tells every RX you have had filled and every doctor and pharmacy checks it. I took my son to the ER one night and the ER asked me if he was still taking medications, they asked about every RX I have ever filled for him. At first I was confused because I didn't know know what most of them were. The lady told me that they were antibiotics, and I guess they were filled years ago. When ever I go to a doctor appointment they print out my prescription list and have it on hand to check my medical history.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

If this really is happening you really should turn her into the authorities for prescription drug fraud.. 

If she was too drugged up with your niece in the car.. Would you feel bad you hadn't said something? I know if it were me I SURE AS HELL WOULD!

Quoting Not_A_Native:

No, of course we shouldn't ban them - just like we shouldn't ban guns.  But they SHOULD be much more regulated.

My sister in law is an example.  She has back pain, and needs an operation.  She got a prescription for Oxycontin.  After awhile, it wasn't enough.  Went back to the doctor, he added a prescription for Tramadol (sp), as well as the oxy.  Still not enough for her, but her doctor wouldn't give her more.  Went to another doctor, got duplicate prescriptions (filled at a different pharmacy).  Repeated that whole thing several times.  She takes a MASSIVE amount of painkillers every day - she's a single mom, drives her kid around.  There should be a national network for pills like this - NO ONE should be able to get 8x the amount of prescription painkillers they need EVERY SINGLE MONTH.

Turn her in to WHOM?  We've tried. In the state she lives in, no one cares.  It isn't fraud - each and every prescription is perfectly legal.  The fact that she fills them at different pharmacies means nothing.  She doesn't even use her insurance to cover the cost, except for the ones from the first doctor.

There is, sadly, nothing legally wrong with doctor shopping.

Not anything close to that here.  It should really be a national database on top of that.  My sister in law lives 10 miles from the state line - she has doctors in both states.

No, I"ve checked.  Various states have laws (but neither of the ones she's going to).  Nothing federal.  Although, if you're using insurance, it could be considered fraud.  Since she's not - there is nothing that can be done in her state - she pays cash.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)