Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lets ENACT NEW prescription drugs CONTOL REGULATIONS.. They kill more people than Guns every year!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 91 Replies
4 moms liked this

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:39 PM
5 moms liked this

i like guns and prescription meds.

im alive and well.

lets ban congress private planes.

keversole
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

that is ridiculous. what about all the people that actually need them and use them responsively? do they not matter? no, i think we won't BAN them. 

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I am all for that suggestion!

Quoting southernjess3:

i like guns and prescription meds.

im alive and well.

lets ban congress private planes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM
4 moms liked this
*woosh*

Quoting keversole:

that is ridiculous. what about all the people that actually need them and use them responsively? do they not matter? no, i think we won't BAN them. 

shylynn22
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Band?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
queen_k0302
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I laughed! It is true. It's a parents job to protect and educate. The same with medicine. It gets put up and they educated on why and the proper uses as they get older.

As with everything. In the wrong hands, just about anything becomes a weapon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM

What's the alternative? People are really suffering. We need to provide a quality of life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Band? You want to tie them all up? Might be a solution...
mommamaggi
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Lets stop making stupid comparisons and just let people who need them have their meds and people who know how to handle them have their guns. Mmmmkay?

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

No, of course we shouldn't ban them - just like we shouldn't ban guns.  But they SHOULD be much more regulated.

My sister in law is an example.  She has back pain, and needs an operation.  She got a prescription for Oxycontin.  After awhile, it wasn't enough.  Went back to the doctor, he added a prescription for Tramadol (sp), as well as the oxy.  Still not enough for her, but her doctor wouldn't give her more.  Went to another doctor, got duplicate prescriptions (filled at a different pharmacy).  Repeated that whole thing several times.  She takes a MASSIVE amount of painkillers every day - she's a single mom, drives her kid around.  There should be a national network for pills like this - NO ONE should be able to get 8x the amount of prescription painkillers they need EVERY SINGLE MONTH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)