Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dentures?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Anyone willing to share their experience w dentures? I have horrid teeth genetically and I'm scared to get them but will need them or a bajillion dollars in dental fees for implants. Are yours believable? Uncomfy? Do you get used to them? I'm embarrassed to need them. :-/ 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Bump. I am 21 and I have been thinking of getting them too. I still have baby teeth that have never falen out and three generations have needed dentures before they were in their 30's so I understand!

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I've never had them, but my step mom did. She got them at the age of 23, I believe because she had bad genes too. My brother's girlfriend had her front teeth knocked out in her late 20's and wore dentures. My mother is about to get them. They're very believable and only awkward when you take them out in front of people. Even then, no one really cares! Good luck! :)

tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I need them now. I am 52. My mom had to have them at 28. What I will tell you is that if you get them in your early 20s, you can be very susceptible to bone loss. By her late 50s, she could not get her dentures to fit and had a hard time having new ones made due to bone loss. Good luck. I am having horrible problems and have about 8 or 9 broken teeth. I just need the money. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I'm 30 and need them. I have great hygiene even :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)