Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what rights do i have

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 37 Replies
i will try to make this short. looking for advice. daughter had her car at work. she was in the building working. a milk truck hit her car and damaged it pretty good. got 2 estimates both for about 1500. adjuster came to look at car. called husband and told him they would give 1037. i called lady and kind of argued with her. she said that is what adjuster said it would take to fix car. i asked her does he own a body shop. she said he is a proffesional. yea right. please give me advice on what to do. thanks in advance. i also called a couple lawyers and they could not help me cause no one was injured.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:23 PM
bump
Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM
bump
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM

You could take her to small claims court...

Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:25 PM
bump
dinc
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Does you insurance company recommend any shops?  Ours will only pay if we use certain places.  They deal with each other and get the job done.

opal10161973
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Is that the amount AFTER the deductible?  If the deductible is $500, then that is right.  She would be responsible for the first $500 and they would be responsible for the amount after that. 

Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM
bump
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Take them to small claims court or go through your insurance company and have them go after the company.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:32 PM
the insurance of the milk truck said we can use our own shop but they would pay only the 1037. i tried to call my insurance company and i am.waiting for them to call me back. i was hoping they can explain how this works.

Quoting dinc:

Does you insurance company recommend any shops?  Ours will only pay if we use certain places.  They deal with each other and get the job done.

Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
the insurance of the milk truck that hit her car is liberty mutual. does anyone have that insurance?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN