Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do women continue to be SAHM after the kids start school? *EDIT*

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 578 Replies
5 moms liked this

Most women choose to be a SAHM mom so they can be there with the kids, right?  They say being a SAHM is a tough job, WHICH I AGREE with when the kids are there. So after the kids start school, why do they stay home? Just curious is all?

***EDIT***

This was honsetly a general question. I was not insulting SAHM. Just take a deep breath or a couple Xanax and calm down. I am not here to judge or fight with anyone. It was proven though, that it does not matter if you are a SAHM or a working mom... Some just never grow the FU!$ up. We are all moms here. We raise our children the way WE choose to. Unless a parent is completely neglecting their child or harming them in any way or just plain lazy, then there should be no judgement. I guess you could call me nosey or whatever, I dont care. Some of you need to put your big girl panties on and not take everything so personal.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM
3 moms liked this
To pick them up and be there for homework?
Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
17 moms liked this

because they want to

ethans_momma06
15 moms liked this

There's still stuff to take care of around the house you know. Cleaning. Cooking. Running errands. Shuttling kids around. It's not like once the kids are out of the house that stuff is magically gone too.

jbirdsladie27
6 moms liked this
Because I want to
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
7 moms liked this

why do you care? Are you paying their bills?

NoahandEliza
3 moms liked this
Because working just for the sake of working sucks. If they can afford it, I see no point in holding a job they don't want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Why not? When I was little I got home from school at 3:00. My mom was home for me at 3:00. She was also a room mom, attending every class party and school event.

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
6 moms liked this

I dont want to have to worry about after school care-weekends- holidays-sickdays-vacations......many jobs arent that flexible.....I do plan to go back to school when they are all in full time and when they are old enough be home alone all day then I will consider a job

thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Because they CHOOSE to, just as working moms choose to work.
Kitschy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
10 moms liked this

Kids are only in school for a few hours a day. They still have days off and a whole summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN