Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do women continue to be SAHM after the kids start school? *EDIT*

Posted by   + Show Post

Most women choose to be a SAHM mom so they can be there with the kids, right?  They say being a SAHM is a tough job, WHICH I AGREE with when the kids are there. So after the kids start school, why do they stay home? Just curious is all?

***EDIT***

This was honsetly a general question. I was not insulting SAHM. Just take a deep breath or a couple Xanax and calm down. I am not here to judge or fight with anyone. It was proven though, that it does not matter if you are a SAHM or a working mom... Some just never grow the FU!$ up. We are all moms here. We raise our children the way WE choose to. Unless a parent is completely neglecting their child or harming them in any way or just plain lazy, then there should be no judgement. I guess you could call me nosey or whatever, I dont care. Some of you need to put your big girl panties on and not take everything so personal.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Because I can

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM
because after 8 years no one wants to hire me i guess lol...and no one wants to work around my schedule, even though the only time im not available is between 3 and 4pm
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I'm not going to stay home after my youngest is in full time school. I am going back to college to finish a degree. Don't know what yet, but something that I can do to contribute to the family.

gabby416
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM
4 moms liked this

I am curious too.  Why not at least work part time and earn some extra cash, or volunteer somewhere or something.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Cause I want to.  That's the biggest reason.

Also, DH is stationed on a ship and is gone for two months every two months.  It's so much easier not having to stress about taking off work if the kids are sick or for doctor's appointments, etc.  Working outside the home right now is just additional stress we don't need.  

ETA:  I'm very involved in the boys school and the PTA and volunteer for a couple different organizations.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe they wanna be like June Cleaver

fairyjester
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM
2 moms liked this

because they don't want to work

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM

My Husband told me I'm a Queen and I never have to work a day if I don't want. He gives me his Credit and debit cards to spend as I want.

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM

They like it I guess, all I know is - it's not for me. 

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
In my case it's because we homeschool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)