Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do women continue to be SAHM after the kids start school? *EDIT*

Posted by   + Show Post

Most women choose to be a SAHM mom so they can be there with the kids, right?  They say being a SAHM is a tough job, WHICH I AGREE with when the kids are there. So after the kids start school, why do they stay home? Just curious is all?

***EDIT***

This was honsetly a general question. I was not insulting SAHM. Just take a deep breath or a couple Xanax and calm down. I am not here to judge or fight with anyone. It was proven though, that it does not matter if you are a SAHM or a working mom... Some just never grow the FU!$ up. We are all moms here. We raise our children the way WE choose to. Unless a parent is completely neglecting their child or harming them in any way or just plain lazy, then there should be no judgement. I guess you could call me nosey or whatever, I dont care. Some of you need to put your big girl panties on and not take everything so personal.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this

because it is better for the kids to have a mom at home than for the kids to come home to an empty house or be shipped off to daycare.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Bullshit!

Quoting AliKatAK47:

They aren't either.

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you care? Are you paying their bills?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Because its fun- duhh! LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
So we'll be home when the kids get home. We can volinteer at the school, not have to scramble for childcare on snow days or school vacations, get stuff done during the day.
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Super lazy.  But I get done what needs to get done.  Hmm, maybe I'm just super efficient.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I give you props for admitting your lazyness

Quoting anotherhalf:

So I can watch TV and fool around on cafe mom.  DH makes enough money that I don't have to work, and I don't want to.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM

my mom did so she could be here when we got out of school and she also had four with 12 years between me and the youngest it was just something she felt she needed to do. Im still on the fence on if I will go back to work once my son starts school full time in a year..I know I will volenteer my time some where but not sure about working 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Because its fun- duhh! LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommamaggi
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Because they are also a home maker. It wont be my choice, but if its someone else's then more power to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM

No, she is tending to the home and kids she SHARES with her husband. Family money is NOT going to after school childcare because she's home.

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you care? Are you paying their bills?

tabitha26
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM
My bf wants me here when our son gets out of school plus he doesn't want me to work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured