Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dang Teachers & Their Cliques!piog

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

So one of my best friends begged me at the beginning of the school year to help w/the PTO, we took over. She is President & I am VP. We walked into a HUGE mess, big mess that will take to long to go through everything. But many times I just wanted to throw my hands up & say forget it.

Anyway, 2 of the teachers were real close to the President & Treasurer last year, they handed these teachers money upon money no questions asked, they ran things illegally, we will probably owe the IRS 1000's this year that we don't have bc our PTO was ran into the ground.

Well anyway, I took over as yearbook adviser as well. For 2yrs we were suppose to have one & of course they didn't follow through. Well our 2 editors are teachers & 1 of them is one of the teachers that is real close to last years President & Treasurer (mind you these 2 have spread rumors, tried to stop everything we are doing & just have been horrid) & now I'm dealing w/this teacher. Not the first time but the first time I really have to work so close to her.

Well I am ready to rip my hair out. She was a down right bi--- (you get what I'm saying) to me, my friend that I roped into being my co-adviser & the training rep I had come in today.

We are starting so late in the year, we only have 6 weeks to get our yearbook complete, I really do not have time to butt heads w/people all bc they are friends w/people who failed at doing their job.

When did this not become about the kids? I swear I feel like I'm in high school again, I can not believe teachers behave this way & I really don't have the patience for this crap!

I am not sure how to handle this really. Sticky situation to go & complain about a teacher, especially when we walked into such a mess. It took us so much time to get most of the teachers to trust us, a ton of time to get them to understand that what we are asking for is the way it should have been from the start.

The new principal (who since she is new had no ties to anyone) is out for the next 6 weeks so we can't go to her.

So I have to handle her myself & I'm really just frustrated!!!

Any ideas?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonousBlonde
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Bu
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM

mp:) 

Quoting PoisonousBlonde:

Bu

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Why would you have to pay taxes? Isn't it a non for profit?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM

You need to file for non profit which they never did & it costs money to do so & bc they left us in the negative we have no money to file for non profit.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Why would you have to pay taxes? Isn't it a non for profit?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM

bump

Pinkmani
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Why won't you report her to the administration?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Like I said we have struggled all year trying to win over the administration, there are very few we haven't won over.

I worry going to "tattle" will create more waves yet again.  We also have a principal battling breast cancer right now & the vice principal taking on the role of both principal & vice principal right now; we also have major testing starting next week that lasts all week.  I am trying hard to figure out a way to get along, hash this out & avoid running to administration unless absolutely necessary.

Quoting Pinkmani:

Why won't you report her to the administration?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM

No ideas other than going to the vice principal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Sit her down and explain to her that you understand the previous heads were her friends. But that this is the way things are being done now, she can either get on board or get out of the way. Let her know that you're trying to do things the easy way, but if she insists on continuing to be difficult that you will speak to administration about her behavior.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)