Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I Get Her The Bear? **UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

Gah, I wish you could do a poll from mobile. That would make this easier lol.

Anyway, I was just at Walmart picking up a prescription when my dd spotted this big Valentine's bear. I should mention that she has ODD and SPD and her main issue lies with not wanting to touch anything/not wanting anything to touch her. Well, she reached out and pet the bear and got the biggest smile on her face. She asked if she could hold her and when she grabbed her, I saw a kind of pure joy on her face I'd never seen before. She wanted a picture with her (which is the one above the post). Then she asks if she can have the bear. I look at the tag and it's $40!! I've never spent that much on a Teddy bear in my life and it seems ridiculous to me. I told her no and made her put it back. She started crying, but not like throwing a fit. More like a distraught, sad cry. She kept saying "I'm sorry I have to leave you. I'll miss you. We were gonna be best friends.". She's been crying for over an hour now.

Now, I'm trying to decide if I should go back later and surprise her with the bear for Valentine's day or if I'm correct in saying $40 is entirely too much for a Teddy bear. What would you do?

**UPDATE**
I got the bear!! I had my husband get the kids ready for bed while I went to Walmart to "get groceries". I called him when I got home and said to send dd outside to "help me bring the groceries in". Pictures on pg 14 of what happened next :-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
tessamalk
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww. If you can afford it go for it. $40 is a lot for a bear, sure, but there's no price on your daughter's happiness and joy right? :)

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
If it would help her, I would get her the bear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It's crazy, but yes, I'd get the bear.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes buy it!
catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Day after Valentines it would be half off.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww, get her the bear!

Sharell8710
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

aw. I would get it for her if I could.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Lol see, I think if I get it for her I may not be able to wait for Valentine's to give it to her. She'd probably get it tomorrow ;-)

Quoting HannahC:

I'm a sucker.. I so would have bought it. I would surprise her either for Valentine's Day or sooner :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I would but I'm a sucker.
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go ahead and get it if you can afford to and wait for a couple days for her to forget about it. I don't know that I could wait until Valentines Day...but I would wait a couple days then surprise her with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured