Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Renamed at 8months?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you rename you child after 8months?

Options:

No

Yes

Other because there always is

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 133

View Results

This girl I know posted on Facebook today, that she is re-naming her 8month old. She said that she was torn during pregnancy she was torn between the two names and now after seeing her daughter and her personality, she decided the other name works better.

Um. What?

It took her 8 MONTHS to get to know her daughter that well?! I knew DD that well after a few days.

*EDIT

I just realize this sound really judgmental without the backstory. She was out partying and getting drunk before her daughter was a month old. She is always out with her friends while her mother watches her daughter. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Well, the baby is still young and doesn't really register with the name yet. Better now than waiting until she's 4.

LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM

LOL! That wouldn't be my cup of tea.. 

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Worst parent EVARRR!!!

j/k.. I think it's a tad strange, I had the same feeling with my son, but I pretty much just call him his middle name now.. I wouldnt have gone and changed it (wouldnt have been able to anyway) I guess if she wants to go through the hassle and expense then, whatever *shrug* I think your response is a bit over the top, though.

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:21 PM

LOLOLOL. people are just dumb.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

After seeing some of the names parents have chosen I wish more would consider this.

Maybe all the girls named "Apple" could be renamed "Peach".

kibbskins
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I would if I felt like I chose the wrong name. I don't like DS2's name, and it's been 10 years now.
Sharell8710
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I don't know. I've questioned my kids' names before, but never thought twice about changing their names. However, if I really truly hated it after some time I might. IDK.

TTC2Long
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM
The "bad party girl mom" stuff aside, I can see that happening - seeing that the name doesn't fit, havibg serious regrets, debating changing it it for a while, then finally deciding to do it. I can see it taking time. It's not something you'd do lightly.

Totally curious - what did she change it from and to?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I don't want to post the exact names but it was like "Kaley" to "Annalyn".

Quoting TTC2Long:

The "bad party girl mom" stuff aside, I can see that happening - seeing that the name doesn't fit, havibg serious regrets, debating changing it it for a while, then finally deciding to do it. I can see it taking time. It's not something you'd do lightly.

Totally curious - what did she change it from and to?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured