Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who Should Get The Baby?? **POLL** UPDATE.

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 49 Replies

Poll

Question: Who do you think Baby should go to??

Options:

Baby should go to K!

Baby should go to Babysitter!

Other! Please explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 138

View Results

Ok back history: My ex stepdad raised me. I still call him dad. My dad got a girlfriend (We'll call her K) after he and my mom divorced. They've been together for about 12 years. No children together but they each have multiple children. K's daughter, J, had a baby at 17. Baby is 2 now.

So K finds out that J left and went to Florida without Baby. Didn't tell K or my dad anything. K finds out that J left Baby with the woman who usually baby sits her. K would pick Baby up from the baby sitter every other weekend so she could spend time with her grand daughter. Baby sitter would tell K that J was at work.

Finally, J tells K that she isn't raising Baby and that the baby sitter has had her the entire time she's been in FL. *2 F*cking Months* K decides that she's going to keep Baby full time.

Too late. Baby sitter has already filed for custody of Baby and telling Baby to call her "Mommy"!!!! K freaks out and goes and files custody immediately for Baby. They tell her if she had waited 3 more weeks Baby would be with Babysitter for good!

Now Baby is in between her Grandma's house and Babysitter's house. They have to switch every week where she goes. J can no longer give custody away unless she's evaluated by a psychologist.

Hopefully this wasn't difficult to follow!

UPDATE:
Baby has been given to the babysitter. She had enough evidence to show that J was an unfit mother. Then to top it off she put it out there that K made J get a job and her own place so that J and Baby could live on their own. K always helped with anything that J couldn't afford and was always J's back up if she got into a bind. Like I mentioned before, K took Baby EOW to give J time to go out and hang out with her friends. Apparently, they made it out to be like K kicked J out of the house with Baby and no place to go. Which they have them receipts of everything they had helped with and even J's lease with K on it so that she could get into her own place but its like the judge didn't even care. So now Baby is with the baby sitter for good. J's rights were terminated for good. K can still see the baby EOW. We don't understand how this came to be like this considering the babysitter is a bit off her rocker. She has Baby sleep in bed with her and her husband every night. While I don't bash the co-sleeping and co-slept with my own children, that's just it, they were my OWN children. I would never have a child I was babysitting sleep in bed with me and my SO. She also takes baths with Baby. I don't see how this could be a better environment than my dad and K's house. They have enough room. She has her own bed. Her own toys. Everything that a kid needs. Their house is spotless and childproofed. It's crazy. K said she's still fighting. The judge said that Baby is going to be with the people the mother obviously thought would take good care of Baby. Which is stupid because J isn't and wasn't exactly the person to make smart decisions even when it came to her child. J didn't tell K because she didn't want to catch any grief from her mom for not wanting to be a mom anymore.
J is in Tampa living it up with her bio dad who wasn't so good on parenting either. J let's him think he's getting his second chance at being a dad and she gets money from him to go out and do whatever she wants.
It a mess but that's the update and I guess a little but of a vent.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't see any judge not giving custody to K! That babysitter is a creep! She lied to K knowing full well that K wanted the baby!! Wth!?
MomLife16
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I'm sayin! The lawyer told K that even though she's the grandmother doesn't mean she will get the baby!!!!! WTF

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't see any judge not giving custody to K! That babysitter is a creep! She lied to K knowing full well that K wanted the baby!! Wth!?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomLife16
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Bump
MomLife16
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Bump!
SparklePants
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM

There are 2 sides to every story. The toddler should go to whoever is right for him/her.

fairyjester
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this

K is family , as long as family is available and a fit parent , the baby should stay with family/.

MomLife16
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM
My dad and K have more than enough room for her and they have the means to provide for her. If K had known that J had taken off she would have had Baby from the get go. J didn't want to say anything because K would be disappointed and she figured she would be back sooner or later to get Baby. That was plain stupidity on J's part. Baby shouldn't be taken away from family though. K picked her when she was supposed to and Babysitter would just say that J was at work!

Quoting SparklePants:

There are 2 sides to every story. The toddler should go to whoever is right for him/her.

MomLife16
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM
That's what I said but from what K says the lawyer says that just because she's related doesn't mean she will get her.

Quoting fairyjester:

K is family , as long as family is available and a fit parent , the baby should stay with family/.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM
J abandoned her baby but K didn't abandon her grandchild! Amazing how stupid custody laws are though! K would probably have a better chance of getting custody if she was a crackwhore.
robyann
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say the baby will go to K, she is a relative. Usually if a child is not with either parent then a blood relative is next choice. That's terrible that J just left the baby like that! The babysitter was covering for her, she may get in some kind of trouble for that. I don't know, but I am a grandparent and if that was my grandchild I would have her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)