Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH Called...He's Not Coming Home After Work! UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 102 Replies
2 moms liked this

Our child was sick all thru the night last night throwing up and with diarrhea. I was up most of the night with him. I cared for him all day today since he was too sick to go to school. DH calls out of the blue to inform me he is going to a funeral after work in another town and will be several hours late getting home tonight.

WTH?! It's the funeral of a co-worker's wife. He didn't know this woman and barely knows the co-worker (works for the same company but not at the same site). He said some of the "guys" are all going together. I'm betting they'll stop for dinner/drinks afterwards. When I asked whether he needed to come home first to change, he said no, it's a casual funeral. He NEVER does this. He always comes straight home.

On one hand I don't want to begrudge him an evening out. On the other, he sure did pick a fine time when our son is so sick and I needed some relief after attending to him since last night by myself!

MEN!

Dh came home only about 1 1/2 hours late. He brought supper so I wouldn't have to cook. He said if he'd been thinking, he wouldn't have agreed to go. He thanked me for taking such good care of our son, asked all about my day, served me supper, gave me a foot rub and sent me to bed while he dealt with getting ds to bed. He is now laying next to me in our cozy, comfy bed, not out hiding his wedding ring in a motel room before screwing another woman. I never said a word about being upset. He more than made up for any frustration he caused. In fact, as i finished this update, he just told me how much he loves me and thanked me again for doing such a great job taking care of our son today.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:32 PM
12 moms liked this

Maybe I will be the minority, but I would be fine with it. My dh has gone to funerals of coworkers family. And I go with, even though I do not know them, or hardly know them. It's out of respect. I am more than capable of taking care of my sick children. 

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, you're selfish.

Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I agree with this although it would have been nice if they had decided that yesterday or earlier today so you could have had a little more notice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I will be the minority, but I would be fine with it. My dh has gone to funerals of coworkers family. And I go with, even though I do not know them, or hardly know them. It's out of respect. I am more than capable of taking care of my sick children. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I would be fine with it. *shrugs* 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM
9 moms liked this

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
I'm sorry momma, I know how stressfull it can be!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happykitty316
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM

A casual funeral?

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM
MTE!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theCMtroll82
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
8 moms liked this

how? he barely knows the woman. she has her hands full. I would be annoyed too.

Quoting eviesmom453:

Wow, you're selfish.

mommaoftwo
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
4 moms liked this

sounds wierd to me, but I would also be highly irritated. 

He has a sick kid at home, taking care of the child is not just your job, he is your teammate, he should come home and give you a break.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured