Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's not your business!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 32 Replies
9 moms liked this

Did you know that even if something is not your business when someone else does it that you can have still have feelings or opinions about the topic?

I was just wondering because I see so many posts that ask, "How do you feel about...?"  and "What do you think about...?"  Many people will respond to the OP by telling her it isn't her business. 

It may not be her business, or anyone elses, to interject their opinions upon the lifestyles of people that they do not agree with.  They don't need to walk up to the person and tell them that what they are doing is wrong.  Still, people can have thoughts, opinions, and feelings on any topic. Stating "it's not your business" is just a cop-out for those without perspective or intellect that cannot form and discuss opinions of their own in a civil manner.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saille717
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM

The hell you say!!

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM

About time someone said it.

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Seriously. I'm fer realz!

Quoting Saille717:

The hell you say!!

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Obviously, it is a hard truth to accept...lol.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

About time someone said it.

cupomeow
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM

This. Is one of the best posts I have ever read.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't much care for that line in some situations. Let's take my niece for instance who put up a FB post talking about how horrible her life was and when dh's sister asked her what was wrong she said "It isn't anyone's business!" To which I replied "Well then perhaps you shouldn't put it on facebook." That little turd deleted me! She said I was being mean to her. She hasn't seen mean yet. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Thanks! It appears that most are not ready for the message.

Quoting cupomeow:

This. Is one of the best posts I have ever read.

oboe_chik
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Agree
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. I usually feel the urge to blow up my computer whenever someone posts 'mind your own business". If we all stuck to our own business, there would be no conversation whatsoever.

Plus, some people must walk around with paper bags on their heads. Someone will say that they saw a woman beating her kid with a 2x4 and a llama in the middle of the wal mart parking lot, and someone else will reply with "you must be really nosey to notice something like that, mind your own business!"

MamaMoopsie
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM

That's a good point. I've had so many people tell me on here that it's not my business that BM buys "sexy" clothes for SD. I still have feelings about it though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN