Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i need info, on going 'poo free

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM
  • 72 Replies
I would like information on the 'poo free hair care method, any and all information is welcomed, I want to know everything, the good, the bad, the happy, the sad, the ugly, the beautiful, everything.

A couple questions I have are can you still use conditioner? If so does it have to be a certain kind?
Is there a "recipe" that is better than others?
How many times do I wash it during a week?
Is there a wean off of 'poo method or is it cold turkey?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shermy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I use 1 tablespoon of baking soda to one cup of water for shampoo, and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to one cup of water.

I wash my hair two times a week

I didn't wean myself on purpose, I was nervous, so I stopped using conditioner first and replaced it with the vinegar.

One thing that I feel is really important, and people have a hard time with - if it isn't working for you, your hair is too greasy or too dry, you can adjust your amounts as needed.
blue_elephant
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Bump, help me, I know you are out there
blue_elephant
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Do you have thick or thin hair?

I have super thick hair, so would I up the baking soda and vinegar?

Quoting Shermy:

I use 1 tablespoon of baking soda to one cup of water for shampoo, and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to one cup of water.

I wash my hair two times a week

I didn't wean myself on purpose, I was nervous, so I stopped using conditioner first and replaced it with the vinegar.

One thing that I feel is really important, and people have a hard time with - if it isn't working for you, your hair is too greasy or too dry, you can adjust your amounts as needed.
Shermy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I have A LOT of really thick hair, as I am sure you know, for reference it takes all day for my entire head to fully dry
blue_elephant
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Yeah mine takes about a day and a half, its freaking ridiculous, like I said super thick

Quoting Shermy:

I have A LOT of really thick hair, as I am sure you know, for reference it takes all day for my entire head to fully dry
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I like my shampoo and conditioner i have no idea why so many are going pooless so all i can do is give ya a bump :)
SillySally83
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM
3 moms liked this

lol I had never heard of the term 'poo free and assumed this was gonna be really really weird.

blue_elephant
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Lol, I thought the same thing first time I heard it too, but curiosity got the best of you too I see

Quoting SillySally83:

lol I had never heard of the term 'poo free and assumed this was gonna be really really weird.

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I bought Hair One from Sally's today, I'm curious to try it.

SillySally83
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

lol Indeed it did. This is my first time on this site so I was just wondering what the hell I've gotten myself into with "poo free" people hahaha

Quoting blue_elephant:

Lol, I thought the same thing first time I heard it too, but curiosity got the best of you too I see

Quoting SillySally83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN