Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so tired of the word...*ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
...sheeple. It is the new, trendy word to try and make someone who doesn't believe the same as you feel stupid. Stuff like that gets old fast.

What words or terms are you tired of seeing all over Facebook/cafemom/etc?

ETA: for those of you who haven't encountered this word yet, people use it to refer to people who go along with everyone else and believe everything they are told. It's like sheep and people put together...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never heard that. When people say much I wanna scream. Jealous much, rude much. I wish they knew that it's old and it wasn't cool when it was new.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I thought that was a trend about 12 years ago.  It's coming back around again?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Epic. I hate epic. Nothing on fb and CM is epic, ever.

I also hate when people type. like. this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Yep. I've seen it most recently in reference to pro gun control people, Christians, and people who voted for...pretty much anyone....

Edit: and anyone who believes that the government doesn't go around creating conspiracies out of anything

Quoting Val99:

I thought that was a trend about 12 years ago.  It's coming back around again?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Oh,God,I love the word sheeple! I think it's so funny and I drive my husband up the wall with it! It's just one of those silly words that I can't get out of my head.

Some of the words/terms I'm tired of.....bullying,judgmental,homophobe. Judgmental especially.It's been overused so much it has about lost all meaning now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I'm also tired of seeing epic. It has totally lost its meaning. We are quickly running out of words to refer to something that actually is amazing. Awesome, epic, etc have all been turned into meaningless words

Quoting Anonymous:

Epic. I hate epic. Nothing on fb and CM is epic, ever.

I also hate when people type. like. this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I agree. People on here especially use all three of those words at the drop of the hat, usually in the same sentence!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh,God,I love the word sheeple! I think it's so funny and I drive my husband up the wall with it! It's just one of those silly words that I can't get out of my head.

Some of the words/terms I'm tired of.....bullying,judgmental,homophobe. Judgmental especially.It's been overused so much it has about lost all meaning now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple sheeple

koondogg
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM

LOL I thought my guy friend on facebook misspelled the comedians name oops. I am so old apparently. Whats it mean exactly?

Sparkles591
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Sheeple is a new word for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)