Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sexual offenders in school

eliptica24
Yesterday at 1:56 PM
Reader's Delight! Group - CafeMom

This group is dedicated to the avid readers among us! We will have reading challenges, reviews, reading discussions, and a creative writing area!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 108 Replies

Poll

Question: Should minors CONVICTED as a sexual offender have the right to attend school with other children? (this does not include homeschooling or one on one tutoring)?

Options:

Keep them away!

The should be allowed in school regardless.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

Do you think a kid/teen should be allowed to attend school with other students if they have been labeled as a sex offender? Why or why not?

clarifying that labelled in this conversation means convicted.

★Check me out

Read, Watch, Chat!

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eliptica24

This group is dedicated to the avid readers among us! We will have reading challenges, reviews, reading discussions, and a creative writing area!

by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM

i personally think if a kid was labelled a sex offender, then there is good reason for it. that kid is a high risk to do it when around his peers. so imo, they should be homeschooled.

★Check me out

Read, Watch, Chat!

Mama2ETA
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

um no. They should be required to go to alternative school.

Mama2ETA
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM

IF the state has a homeschool program, that is a good option vs. alternative school, but the state is REQUIRED to educate all school aged children.

Quoting eliptica24:

i personally think if a kid was labelled a sex offender, then there is good reason for it. that kid is a high risk to do it when around his peers. so imo, they should be homeschooled.

eliptica24

by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM

alternative school still have other youth there attending. they are still as just at risk if not more since they are already high risk themselves for multiple reasons, to get assaulted.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

um no. They should be required to go to alternative school.

★Check me out

Read, Watch, Chat!

eliptica24

by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM

all states have access to home schooling. also they may be requiredbut they are also required to protect our children while they attend. if the youth is a sex offender, he gives up that right to be in school imo

Quoting Mama2ETA:

IF the state has a homeschool program, that is a good option vs. alternative school, but the state is REQUIRED to educate all school aged children.

Quoting eliptica24:

★Check me out

Read, Watch, Chat!

Mama2ETA
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Do you home school?

No, not all states have a STATE PROGRAM for homeschooling.

And to the previous reply, the alternative school is FULL of high risk students, that is why they are there. Anyone who attends is at risk of being assaulted, be that getting physically assaulted, sexually assaulted, or verbally assaulted. Do you believe all of those children should be required to home school?

What about their parents? Should they be required to homeschool their children since THEY (who chose the act for themselves) acted in an inappropriate way? You believe they should be required to quit their jobs, possibly ending all income for single families and forcing many more on state assistance? (Note the question mark)

Quoting eliptica24:

all states have access to home schooling. also they may be requiredbut they are also required to protect our children while they attend. if the youth is a sex offender, he gives up that right to be in school imo

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting eliptica24:

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM

In columbia county in ga, they had a 19 year old court ordered to go back to school after being charged with indencencies with a minor.

eliptica24

by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:11 PM

no i wouldnt be a good homeschooling mom. but my kid also isnt a sex offender.

i didnt say STATE program, i jsut said all states have homeschool access.

i think you totally misunderstood what i said about high risk. i was saying that bc they are high risk, having a sexual offender around them would raise the risk that THOSE kids would be assaulted. not that bc they are high risk they should be home. high risk doesnt mean they are bad. sex offenders are.

well first off, this kids parents should be investigated bc often a child who is an offender is being sexually assaulted themselves. if the parents are clean, it is their resonsability to care for their minor. so they need to do the homeschooling or someone trained to do it. but the youth should not be around other youths.

who said they had to quit jobs? their are alternatives to the parents being the teachers you know.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Do you home school?

No, not all states have a STATE PROGRAM for homeschooling.

And to the previous reply, the alternative school is FULL of high risk students, that is why they are there. Anyone who attends is at risk of being assaulted, be that getting physically assaulted, sexually assaulted, or verbally assaulted. Do you believe all of those children should be required to home school?

What about their parents? Should they be required to homeschool their children since THEY (who chose the act for themselves) acted in an inappropriate way? You believe they should be required to quit their jobs, possibly ending all income for single families and forcing many more on state assistance? (Note the question mark)

Quoting eliptica24:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting eliptica24:

★Check me out

Read, Watch, Chat!

eliptica24

by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:11 PM

and thats not even a minor, facepalm. go GA. oi

Quoting laranadtony:

In columbia county in ga, they had a 19 year old court ordered to go back to school after being charged with indencencies with a minor.

★Check me out

Read, Watch, Chat!

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Why were they labeled a sex offender? 

Do you know that they can be labeled a "sex offender" for sexting? for having sex with their boyfriend/girlfriend? 

Should they been sent away to an "alternative" school for that? 

Circumstances should be considered before passing such harsh judgments. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN