Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Direct tv can lick my butt hole!!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 32 Replies

I am so flipping annoyed! I have to pay them $120 just for them to move my service 3 blocks and people are telling me that I shouldn't pay it because they moved and it was free for them. Oh and then I sit down and started Greys Anatomy off my DVR and it showed 5 minutes of the beginning and the last 10 minutes and nothing else!! That is one of my favorite shows and its freaking gone! I really hate Direct tv did anyone else have their tv go all screwy last night because my Vampire Diaries was all screwy to. 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I have direct TV and it only goes out in giant severe storms. Other than that I love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Why won't they move you for free? Isn't that one of their "things?" I'd call and bitch about the dvr, my bff is constantly getting free stuff from them whenever something screws up because she calls and bitches.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I have really bad reception with Comcast.

Call Direct TV's customer service department and tell them that you shouldn't have to pay the $120.00 to move service and if they insist you will report them to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) because they're tacking on fees to double dip since you're a loyal customer who's been paying your bill on time.

I did this to Comcast (told them I was reporting them to the BBB for botched service installation) and got 4 months worth of cable for free.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM
We tried to upgrade our upstairs box to hd and they want to have us pay over 200 bucks to do so. Such crap really. But our apartment complex has a contract with directpath so we can only have directtv :(. I hate being stuck with only on provider
FunnyKids
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM
This....isn't it the way you move

Try this link
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/movers

Quoting Anonymous:

Why won't they move you for free? Isn't that one of their "things?" I'd call and bitch about the dvr, my bff is constantly getting free stuff from them whenever something screws up because she calls and bitches.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Everytime I listen to people who have Comcast or DirectTV, I hug my FIOS a little closer.   Seven years and not one problem.

I have a whole house generator on my house, so even while I was in 3 ft of snow in a blizzard and all my neighbors were without power - my house had electricy and my FIOS was still working.  Internet, TV, all my On Demand shows...all available.  A neighbor with DirectTV complained that his gets flaky when it rains.

themomthenurse
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Sorry. I get irritable when I can't watch my Grey's. The full episode should be on abc.com. 

I thought they gave you one free move every 12 months...

PoisonousBlonde
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I love directv. We just moved and they set us up with free DVRs, 4 rooms installed for free, 3 months free HBO and Cinemax. Tell them you are moving and are debating on whether or not to stay with them or go to dish network. That's how we got a lot for nothing.
Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Just as an FYI:  ABC's 20/20 did an exposee of the BBB.  It's all fake and people who paid money can buy an "A" rating.  Since that episode no one really pays any attention to the BBB.  And just because I like to share my sources...

Link to Story

Quoting Anonymous:

I have really bad reception with Comcast.

Call Direct TV's customer service department and tell them that you shouldn't have to pay the $120.00 to move service and if they insist you will report them to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) because they're tacking on fees to double dip since you're a loyal customer who's been paying your bill on time.

I did this to Comcast (told them I was reporting them to the BBB for botched service installation) and got 4 months worth of cable for free.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I LOATHE Directv 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN