Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IKEA kitchen

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone have one? Did you feel they were better then other stores cabinets?

Lowes Stock cabinets- $5500 for just these cabinets (not counting the cost for a island)

Ikea cabinets Not sure the price but looking at he same pieces these are close to 50% less then the Lowes cabinets

We will install ourselves. But I dont know the Ikea ones kinda look cheap. I went there once last summer and looked at there kitchens and they were nice but they seemed busy. I want simple and elegant.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GaleJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM

We put IKEA cabinets in our condo's kitchen. We really didn't live with it as we were in the process of selling the condo but I was impressed with the quality and functionality they seemed to possess and our contractor, who had never dealt with IKEA before, was similarly impressed from a professional prospective. They are solid, well designed, and endlessly adaptable and if we are ever able to remodel the kitchen in our current house I would use them again happily. 

StoneColdKiller
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Quoting GaleJ:

We put IKEA cabinets in our condo's kitchen. We really didn't live with it as we were in the process of selling the condo but I was impressed with the quality and functionality they seemed to possess and our contractor, who had never dealt with IKEA before, was similarly impressed from a professional prospective. They are solid, well designed, and endlessly adaptable and if we are ever able to remodel the kitchen in our current house I would use them again happily. 

Im happy to see that, I didnt really check them out closely last time I was there, first time ever being in a ikea and at the time we were just looking. I do see they are way better in the price.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Ikea product. When we buy a house we really want to have an ikea kitchen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)