Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

questions for the religious...and everyone else

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 85 Replies
1. What led you to believe what you do?

2. How old were you when you knew?

3. Has your belief brought you peace? Contentment? Fulfillment?

4. Do you respect that others may not believe as you do?

5. Is it hard for you not to try to convert others?

6. Do you feel that you represent your faith well?

It doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe. Your answers are welcome whether you're a Christian, Muslim, buddhist, pagan, Wiccan, atheist...or anything I didn't mention! I generalized the questions to fit everyone :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I'm an atheist, so...nothing applies to me lol
kate80
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
1. A quest for a certain feeling
2. About 15
3. All 3 :)
4. Yes, I do. Even though they do not usually extend me the same courtsey
5. No, it is a personal belief/choice
6. I think so. I try
trailerrrtrash
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ArianEponae:

1. What led you to believe what you do? I was raised a Christian. I spent a while questioning and reading and researching. Not just Christianity, but other religions and trains of thought.
2. How old were you when you knew? Not sure. It wasn't like it just hit me...it was a process.
3. Has your belief brought you peace? Contentment? Fulfillment?Not always. I still question a lot and struggle with a lot as far as living my life day to day the way I believe I'm supposed to.
4. Do you respect that others may not believe as you do?Yes.
5. Is it hard for you not to try to convert others?No. I'll always answer questions when asked and I'll argue my point when someone argues theirs with me. I don't go out of my way to try to convert anyone, nor do I ever expect that to happen.
6. Do you feel that you represent your faith well?Sometimes. I try to. A lot of non-Christians and Christians alike have a preconceived notion of what a Christian is or should be. I guess to some people I'm a good representation and to others I'm not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Bump for later
SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I went searching for something I was missing.
I was 13.
Yes, yes, and yes.
Absolutely, everyone has a right to follow the path that suits them.
Not at all.
I do my best.

Quoting ArianEponae:

1. What led you to believe what you do?

2. How old were you when you knew?

3. Has your belief brought you peace? Contentment? Fulfillment?

4. Do you respect that others may not believe as you do?

5. Is it hard for you not to try to convert others?

6. Do you feel that you represent your faith well?

ArianEponae
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Of course it does :-) What made you feel that there is no higher power? How old were you? Has this belief led to peace, fulfillment or contentment? Do you respect that others may believe in a higher power? Is it hard for you not to try to convince others that there is no god? Do you feel that you are a good example of an atheist?

I tried to make the questions general enough to fit everyone...

Quoting Mamie_85:

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Okay, I've always been uncertain of a deity but as I became an adult I became more certain in my belief. I have no issue with believers, it's none of my business. In fact, most people don't know I'm an atheist besides family and friends. I understand that some people need that and I respect that, as long as no one goes "crazy Christian" on me lol. And yes, that's happened several times.

Quoting ArianEponae:

Of course it does :-) What made you feel that there is no higher power? How old were you? Has this belief led to peace, fulfillment or contentment? Do you respect that others may believe in a higher power? Is it hard for you not to try to convince others that there is no god? Do you feel that you are a good example of an atheist?

Quoting Mamie_85:

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
And yes, this has brought me complete peace. I try to live as a good person, just to be a good person.
ArianEponae
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1. A long journey through the beliefs from around the world and throughout history
2. About 15 is when I felt sure about my path
3. Yes, yes and yex
4. Do you respect that others may not believe as you do? Of course! Just because my path is right for me doesn't mean its for everyone
5. Actually, its against my beliefs to try. I can answer questions if asked, but no pushing
6. I try :-)
ArianEponae
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. Sorry if I seemed pushy. Just didn't want you to feel left out. I feel that atheism is a belief, even if its the belief that there is no higher power. Does that even make sense? Either way, glad it works for you :-)

Quoting Mamie_85:

Okay, I've always been uncertain of a deity but as I became an adult I became more certain in my belief. I have no issue with believers, it's none of my business. In fact, most people don't know I'm an atheist besides family and friends. I understand that some people need that and I respect that, as long as no one goes "crazy Christian" on me lol. And yes, that's happened several times.

Quoting ArianEponae:

Quoting Mamie_85:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN