Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This happened just a few short blocks for me.

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 11 Replies

Scaery stuff, check this out.

Austin Police, BCA Investigate Homicide

(ABC 6 News) - An ABC 6 News crew was on the scene this morning of a homicide investigation on the northwest side of Austin at 510 4th Street NW.

The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says a neighbor called 911 shortly after 3 a.m. Friday to report hearing yells for help. The caller reported seeing what appeared to be a body on the ground in front of the home, and a tall male leaving the scene.

Shortly thereafter, an officer witnessed a red Saab leave the immediate vicinity at a high rate of speed. Two blocks away, an Austin Police Department officer witnessed a red Saab run a red light.

The officer began a pursuit, which was soon joined by the Minnesota State Patrol as well as deputies from Mower, Freeborn and Waseca County Sheriff's Departments. The chase reached speeds in excess of 130 miles an hour and stretched for 50 miles. Stop sticks were deployed around 4 a.m. on Highway 13 just north of Waseca. The driver of the red Saab lost control of the vehicle and it flipped into a field. The driver was ejected from the vehicle and died in the crash.

fatal high speed chase that ended just south of the town of Waseca
Fatal high speed chase ended near Waseca.

MNDOT was blocking Highway 13 early this morning and State Police were keeping the media about a half mile away from the crash scene.

According to the Minnesota State Police accident report, the driver was 46-years-old and from Oakdale, Minnesota.

All that is known about the victim is that it was a man. His body was still lying in the front yard of the Austin crime scene as of late Friday morning.

However, authorities say the identities of the victim and the suspect are not being released until autopsies can be completed. 

We'll continue to update this story as information becomes available

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM

BUMP!

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Awww, come on a murder isn't juicy?

slransde
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Oh MN...too cold for murder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Eh, sadly I'm use to stuff like this.
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Yeah I know, the body was discovered somethime early in the morning & left outside until like 2:30 this afternoon.

Quoting slransde:

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM

That sucks huh, my town is like about 30,000 or so, so pretty small, it's normally a pretty quiet town.

Quoting Anonymous:

slransde
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM
At least it was well preserved?

I have been avoiding going outsude..although this weekend it's supposed to get to like 20°...

Quoting cutebaby06:

Yeah I know, the body was discovered somethime early in the morning & left outside until like 2:30 this afternoon.

Quoting slransde:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Me too. This is nothing. It wouldn't shock me at all to read about this in my area.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha, that's what my friend & I were saying.

Quoting slransde:

At least it was well preserved?

I have been avoiding going outsude..although this weekend it's supposed to get to like 20°...

Quoting cutebaby06:

Quoting slransde:

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN