Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding advocates...I have a question

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM
  • 64 Replies

How do you feel about women who don't believe in birth control, that want to have 20+ kids, that wean their babies from breastfeeding at 6 months old or younger just to get pregnant again?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supercarp
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I don't think those women exist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I think they are selfish

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM
4 moms liked this
I think they're suffering from some mental issue, an addiction to pregnancy say. Getting pregnant is more important to them than caring for the kids they already have.
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I heard that is what Michelle Duggar does.  That is why I am wondering.  It seems a little ... conflicting??  I don't know what the word is.

Quoting supercarp:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Michelle duggar.

Quoting supercarp:

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I would be more concerned about the stress of pregnancies so close together on the moms bodies. If a mom wants to wean at 6 mo then that is her choice. I wont frown on them for it. Is it better for mom and baby to go longer? In most cases yees, but its still a personal choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I think their freakin' crazy.  The human body wasn't meant to shoot out 20 babies.  Pregancies take a lot out of the body.  I would hope that her doctor would be able to talk some sense into her and get her to slow down the baby factory. But I would imagine if the woman is that baby centered, she'd probably do extended breastfeeding. 

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I find it inappropriate. I think that baby needs the breast for at LEAST a year. 

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

That woman is in a whole class of crazy all by herself.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I heard that is what Michelle Duggar does.  That is why I am wondering.  It seems a little ... conflicting??  I don't know what the word is.

Quoting supercarp:

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM
This. I got pregnant when my middle son was 18 mo old and I continued to bf hi m another 7months. Therrs a good reasons nature makes it harder to get prego while nursing

Quoting Anonymous:

I think they're suffering from some mental issue, an addiction to pregnancy say. Getting pregnant is more important to them than caring for the kids they already have.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN