Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Finding good Babysitter for an evening out...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have tried these websites where they claim they do a back round check and what not for babysitter in your area. Like sittercity.com ... I have used it once before and though I had found a wonderful person for when I needed a night out with the hubby. I met this women at a Starbucks to meet her, and do an interview. She seemed great. Well a few months into hiring her for a night out every now and then, she calls me crying and asked me to come get her. Her fiance and her had just apparently been fighting and broke up. She asked if she could come over till someone from her family came and got her. I didn't mind. But no one showed up, so I let her stay the night. I could not put her in the street. I felt bad.. Well she said someone would be their the next day... No one came. This went on for a week. and she even watched the kids one night she was their. I paid her, and she used my car when she needed. I was paying for everything she needed. She assumed I was going to take full responsibility for lazy butt. I had run to the store, for something and was gone ten minutes.. I come home, and caught her walking from the kitchen to the bathroom in her f**king thong in frontof my husband!! I kicked her ass out.. And no refuse to use these websites, from this horrid experience.

What are you thoughts for this? How do you go about finding a good sitter in an area you just moved to, and have no family around anywhere? Our closest family is 8 hours away..

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lilredrosetears
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
That's horrible I would have whooped her ass plain and simple,I only use family cuz I know there not gonna pull some slick shit...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Up_yours84
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I would of used family.. But no one is close enough... I am so angry at people for not respecting boundries and others relationships.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Sorry, we use our 21 year old niece
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilredrosetears
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Lol seems to be the world nowadays,people tell me I'm stupid because I trust my dh to the fullest....but his ex cheated on him so many times so he wouldn't dare do that to somebody else ;) love hims ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Up_yours84
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I trust him.. He was pissed off she did this as well.. And to be honest.. She wasnt his type. Shit happens. I just dont trust people anymore. Live and learn!

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM

we homeschool and placed a classified on our website of the group we belong to.

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I trade off with other parents of my son's friends.  I also have used dh's co-worker's son as a sitter.  I would never hire anyone that couldn't be vouched for by someone I know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)