Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MOMs With Winter Babies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

What are some things you did that you feel helped prevent them from getting sick? I have a newborn and am so afraid of her getting sick sick. I keep her covered while out in public and don't let strangers hold her she got minimal breast milk in hospital due to complications but she did get some. Also if I got my flu shot while pregnant doesn't that help her immune system?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM
No on the flu shot and I didn't stay home with them after I had them. I'm the minority but I haven't ever let having a newborn slow me down.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Honestly....nothing
I had ds in the mall christmas shopping at two weeks and we rarely stayed home during my leave
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Don't let yourself get too worried. Newborns actually have antibodies passed from mother until about 9 months of age.
4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

The only people allowed around my newborn winter kids had to have their flu shots. I also tried to keep them indoors and everybody had to wash their hands. Lysoling TV remotes, phones, door knobs etc also helped. My winter baby is 13 months and (knock on wood) has only been sick once.

Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I had my 4th baby in January. I never got a flu shot, really I never did anything different than I did with my summer babies. People held her, I took her out to the store with me etc.. and she is 3 now and has yet to be sick!

BambiF
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Just carry on with life. She will get sick, at some point, in her infancy. (Don't bother telling me your 18 year old has never been sick...I'm just speaking generally.)
heatherd09
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I just make everyone wash their hands before holding and touching him and I keep him covered when we go out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I didn't really do anything. I breastfed, didn't take him out in crowded places, when I had to take him out I was sure he was dressed warmly....that's about it and he never got sick as a newborn.
Krystle21
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I didn't take my kids out unless I had to. When I did I covered them up really well and didn't let too many Ppl hold them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I breastfed and that is the best thing you can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)