Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MOMs With Winter Babies

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What are some things you did that you feel helped prevent them from getting sick? I have a newborn and am so afraid of her getting sick sick. I keep her covered while out in public and don't let strangers hold her she got minimal breast milk in hospital due to complications but she did get some. Also if I got my flu shot while pregnant doesn't that help her immune system?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I did a lot of extra hand washing, hand sanitizer and using disinfectant on surfaces. But only while I was sick myself. I have gone about my normal activities mostly. My first got bronchitis at 3 months but other then that he was never sick. My second hasn't gotten sick yet. 5 months and going strong, crossing my fingers!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Just using good common sense will help. Newborns have good antibodies already.  I just didn't let people touch her.

Denecia
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I have a 3 week old and I worry slightly. I am more worried about me getting sick and giving it to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Nothing really. She was born in January, and we took her out, let people hold her, etc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I haven't either i haven't even let my c section keep me home with appointments and a toddler we have to much to do we can't just sit at home

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

No on the flu shot and I didn't stay home with them after I had them. I'm the minority but I haven't ever let having a newborn slow me down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
No, you getting the flu shot does nothing for your baby. Lol

Breast feed. That's the best you can do. And don't go out if your that worried about it. Be mindful of germs as anyone should...on shopping carts, door handles, etc. Nothing else you can do.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I went out at 5 days pp. I never took precautions and he didn't get sick until like 7 months. I did sometimes make people wash their hands but for the most part I didn't even voter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM
This exactly. Dd was barely two weeks old at the mall shopping with us and she has an excellent immune system. I am completely against the "bubble" method. In order to develop immunities, kids need to be somewhat exposed.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Honestly....nothing

I had ds in the mall christmas shopping at two weeks and we rarely stayed home during my leave

MrsWhite101610
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I went shopping the day after dd and I came home... I had no choice all the clothes I got at my baby shower didn't fit her so off to the mall we went so she wouldn't go naked.

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

No on the flu shot and I didn't stay home with them after I had them. I'm the minority but I haven't ever let having a newborn slow me down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM

we have already been out and about several times for appointments shopping and other things

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Honestly....nothing
I had ds in the mall christmas shopping at two weeks and we rarely stayed home during my leave

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)