Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MOMs With Winter Babies

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What are some things you did that you feel helped prevent them from getting sick? I have a newborn and am so afraid of her getting sick sick. I keep her covered while out in public and don't let strangers hold her she got minimal breast milk in hospital due to complications but she did get some. Also if I got my flu shot while pregnant doesn't that help her immune system?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Replies (41-43):
Shopsha0911
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Breast Feed, my daughter never got sick until high school. 

elly25
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was born on Christmas day. I didn't do anything different with her. Then I did my son. Who's a June baby. Children are going to get sick. It's life. Doesn't matter how careful you are or what you do to prevent it. It happens. No biggy.

MissMysteriouss
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes the flu shot helps if you got it while pregnant, she got the immunities in utero.

I rarely took my newborns out. Only to doctor well visits. I never took them to parties or gatherings. I did the same with all my babies, even my summer ones. To me even colds are a big deal. I strive to keep my kids healthy. It is the parents who say colds are no big deal that bring their kids out sick and infect others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)