Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Judge other moms???? I just don't understand why, when life is hard enough as it is, and being a parent is hard enough as it is, why do we judge, criticize, and belittle each other's parenting choices?? Please someone tell me.  I am a mother of 3, each are all very different and i do different things with all of them regarding behavior, discipline.  They were each slightly different as a baby as far as how i did things.  So why do other mothers feel the need to put down another mother's ability? No one is perfect, we all make mistakes along the way and there is no one right way, we do the best we can and we should be as supportive and helpful of each other as we can.  Does anyone else feel this way? I try very hard not to be judgemental of other mothers b/c you have no idea what could be going on in their life, what their child is like, what kinds of struggles they are facing every day, etc. and i don't understand why other mothers wouldn't be this same way.  Thoughts??

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
oorahwife31
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM

not really lol i just think it's not helpful and being a mother is hard so why not be supportive instead

Quoting shivasgirl:

new here, huh?

GhettoKoolAide
by Nuggy's Cult Mistres on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Why does the poor horse get all the action? Someone beat me instead!!

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

You're beating a dead horse here.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Everybody judges everybody. You're a lying piece of shit if you deny it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GhettoKoolAide
by Nuggy's Cult Mistres on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I don't believe it's human nature to judge. So when people say that it cracks me up. I think it's an excuse or justification for being nasty. I may not agree with things but I certainly don't judge. I don't have that kind of time or energy to put into strangers lives.
Mandymb
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
most of the mean hateful judgmental woman on here are not happy in their own lifes and it makes them feel better to put others down, its reall kind of sad when you think about it. I just ignore them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GhettoKoolAide
by Nuggy's Cult Mistres on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I'm such a hypocrite! I was totally judging your boo thang's choice of undies last night, lmao.

Quoting winkyloafer:

kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I try not to, but I do judge if the mom was smoking around her kid or driving drunk doing drugs etc around her kids.

winkyloafer
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Briefs are too constricting and boxers are too airy, he says!

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

I'm such a hypocrite! I was totally judging your boo thang's choice of undies last night, lmao.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Eh because everyone thinks their way is the best way and everyone else should be doing exactly what they do. It's ridiculous but some people refuse to see other viewpoints and ideas. I work in an office where I am the only one with girls and listening to parenting boys, man its so different from what I would imagine doing but I don't have a boy so I don't particularly care lol Its a diverse world so we all have to learn to deal with each other!

Josie_P
by Josie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

People use the excuse 'everyone judges' to be nasty, that's why. It's okay to have an opinion but sometimes, women go too far and are so extremely nasty about it. And then people wonder why bullying is on the rise. These mums are raising their children the exact same way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured