Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can't believe I'm saying this but.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
My hubby works away from home for a week at a time. When he is home, the house is spotless and cleaner than clean. My secret is that when he is gone I leave the house a mess! Clothes not washed, dishes piled up and stuff scattered on floor ( baby toys, books, etc) crazy? Stupid? Lazy? All of the above? I don't know why I do this!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AprilDJC
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM
2 moms liked this
In my opinion, its normal lol. Youre taking a break :).i know some people will say lazy, but as long as,your kids are taken care of, who cares lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Normal!
cLanief
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Totally normal!!!!
Nicole1357
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM

It's probably normal. I'm the weird one that feels like I have to clean 24/7 lol, but I never think about other people's homes like that. I could care less if their home is a mess...lol. 

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I do that too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm actually the opposite, when he's not around I'm on top of everything, when he isn't I go a little slower hoping he'll help out. Sometimes it works lol.

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM

My house always seems to be a mess and I can't get it picked up properly. Everytime I try it is like just moving things from one place to another because there is no storage here. As far as kids toys, i refuse to pick them up. If dishes dont make it to the sink they dont get clean. I am not my childrens slave and each of them is old enough to pick up toys, laundry, and their dishes. What is sad is my 3 year old is the best about all of it. The older two (5 and 7) seem to think it is my job to pick up their crap!

MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I dont think its lazy

I think you are taking a break. I think sometimes when a sahm's husband is home- there is an unspoken pressure to make sure everything is clean and comfy. when he isnt there- sometimes you just deal with a little mess so you can relax/. although for me I cant relax unless everything is picked up 

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I agree.

Quoting AprilDJC:

In my opinion, its normal lol. Youre taking a break :).i know some people will say lazy, but as long as,your kids are taken care of, who cares lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Letting out breath......thanks guys, I feel better! Seriously, I thought I was a bit nuts!! Lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN