Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The other side of " bullying"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I had a call from the school counselor that a parent of another student called and complained that my son was bullying her child and she wanted to know what they school was going to do about it (these are 4th graders)  Being a good parent, I of course would NEVER tolerate my child being a bully to someone else so I was obviously upset.  Well.... after further investigation it turns out the kid LIED to his mom and MY kid who was being picked on by this kid (I don't say bullying because I think that word is over used).  The kid admitted it all today to the counselor.  So if your kid comes home and tells you a story about being bullied PLEASE get all the facts before you call the school and ask for blood.  False reports take away from the kids who are really in need of protection.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlefart
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:37 PM

If my child comes home saying that a kid is picking on him, I will call the school and set up a meeting with the school and the child's parents to get all the facts. I'm not going to be happy, no, but I won't be all down the other parents' throat either until I know all the details. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Aw:( I guess your kid is ok?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dee1603
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Good one. A lot of parents jump to conclusions and start stuff before they have all the facts. I try not to let things dd comes home and says get to me because they're kids and stuff happens. If it continues tho I talk to the teacher
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheQueenOfChaos
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM

After being bullied my entire childhood, including being pushed in front of moving vehicles, I will never tell my child to wait until I know they are telling the truth. I will set up an immediate meeting with the school and the parents and get to the bottom of it. I'm not going to immediately go off on the parents or the child, but I will call the school immediately, because no matter who the bully is, my child or theirs, if it's happening at school and the staff isn't paying attention then they aren't doing their job and it needs addressed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I've experienced the same thing too. I understand bullying is a real issue, but it seems to become abused in some cases.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Quoting s.osborne:

Aw:( I guess your kid is ok?

Yes, I guess.  He never told me what was going one with this kid. They were friends at the beginning of the year and then this kis kicked my son out of their "group" (I swear they are worse than middle school girls lol).  My son NEVER tells a teacher if something is going on because he likes to handle things himself and doesn't want to "tattle" but I told him he needs to stick up for himself.  I was literally sick to my stomach when they counselor called and now I am sad that my kid is having friend issues but also so happy he's not being labeled a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

after my dd killed herself due to bulling i will never ever take time to find out all the facts before i make any call. i will always call then find out the facts after i make sure my kids are okay..

yes bulling kills

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM

That is actually becoming a new form of bullying. The kid who is doing it will report that their target is bullying them to get them into serious trouble because of the zero tolerance policies on bullying. That way, when the actual victim says "I didn't do anything!" people are less likely to listen because of the "all bullies deny it" mentality. I've seen it happen more than once in my town alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your child..but that being said, I will take my child's word over any other kid. I have kids around where I live that will knock and that my son was doing something and I was looking out the window the whole time, so yeah I will take my kids word before I believe anyone else. And if my kids can't trust me to believe in them, who will they turn to?
I am their mother, it's my job to protect and believe in my children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM

This exact thing happen to my friends daughter. Since her daughter had never been involved with being a bully before she questioned it. Unfortunately, the school's quick need "to weed out all bullying", suspended her daughter before getting the whole story. When fellow classmates found out, they all stood up for her saying it wasn't true, and in fact this kid had been bullying many of them and they were all afraid to tell until the incident with my friend's daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)