Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Debit Correction

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I am confused and just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them.

Earlier I ordered pizza for dinner and paid with debit st the door. The transaction went through, however, later when I checked my account the payment was listed as a correction and the money was back in there.
I called my bank and they couldn't offer me any help, said it was the companies doing- not the bank. So I called the company and there is no record of my payment being sebt back.
Now I am confused.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Keep an eye on it, most likely it will be corrected just make sure it's the correct amount when readjusted.

banana-bear
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
That's usually done to add in tips later on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aeonix
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Did you leave a tip? Maybe they went about adding that in a very strange way. Normally they just authorize our acct. for the initial amount and adjust it later when the final amount goes through.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM
The original amount that went through my account was the amount with tip.

Quoting banana-bear:

That's usually done to add in tips later on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM

did you pay the tip with the debit card as well? if so then they probably originally authorized it for the pre-tip amount. they will run it back thru with the tip added with a few days. thats how it goes with my bank when I do it that way. it will show as pending with the original amount for a few days then go thru with the tip added amount a few days later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Yes, but the amount that went through my account was the amount with tip.
I've ordered with this company before and paid the exact same way and NEVER had a payment sent back.

Quoting Aeonix:

Did you leave a tip? Maybe they went about adding that in a very strange way. Normally they just authorize our acct. for the initial amount and adjust it later when the final amount goes through.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Yes, but the amount that went through my account was the amount with tip. I've ordered with this company before and paid the exact same way and NEVER had a payment sent back.

Quoting Anonymous:

did you pay the tip with the debit card as well? if so then they probably originally authorized it for the pre-tip amount. they will run it back thru with the tip added with a few days. thats how it goes with my bank when I do it that way. it will show as pending with the original amount for a few days then go thru with the tip added amount a few days later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM

hhhhmmm I dunno then. thats kind of weird. I would just keep an eye on your bank account the next few days and see if it reappears. with my bank at the top it will have a pending transaction section for things like that. it will be pending in the original amount then clear a few days in the after tip amount. so I dunno. every bank and company is different tho. its possible somebody at the company accidentally canceled the payment. if so, I sure they will run it thru again within a few days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, but the amount that went through my account was the amount with tip. I've ordered with this company before and paid the exact same way and NEVER had a payment sent back.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aeonix
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, if I had to guess it will be corrected (again). Keep an eye out. My bank is bad about doing 'hidden authorizations' too, where it doest show, doesn't reflect in the balance or pending transaction lists but then suddenly appears out of nowhere as a full transaction.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured