Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my nieces behaviour is horrifying

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 38 Replies
Ugh its so sickening and she's only 4! My MIL picked up my DD from school today and had my niece as well not big deal that's the norm usually she likes having both.

We were there for like half hour and she told my MIL, myself, and my DH to be quiet and no one was talking O.o and even if we were its not a Childs place to tell an adult to be quiet! she put her little finger directly in all our faces one by one, while telling us to be quiet my DH said something to correct her and she made this flem hacking sound at him, right in his face. My MIL is there for the whole thing and just makes excuses for it the whole time, like ooh she's just playing... I can't imagine what she's like at Home with her parents and I can't believe they put up with it. My SIL is a first grade teacher, supposedly a really good one! Yikes! If she can't control her own offspring I'm beginning to doubt she's even an ok teacher.

How can I keep my own child from picking up such awful habits from her cousin...?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM

my  mother was an amazing teacher........ not so amazing at the parenting thing! being good with other people's kids doesn't necessarily make her good with her own! 

but she may have just been mimicking someone! doesn't mean she's always like that! 

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM
This is my niece that i see often, not some kid off the street, this was just one short incident I saw earlier this evening. I have seen her behave much worse. Like hit younger kids throw things, and not mention the stuff that comes out of her mouth. I've heard her say shut up to both my inlaws. I saw her throw food at her Mom once because it wasn't what she wanted to eat. I've never seen my SIL discipline her and if she did it would show right...

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

my  mother was an amazing teacher........ not so amazing at the parenting thing! being good with other people's kids doesn't necessarily make her good with her own! 

but she may have just been mimicking someone! doesn't mean she's always like that! 

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM

sorry, the way you worded it just kinda gave me the impression you don't see her very often...

but that is all really sad! poor girl obviously needs more structure, discipline and positivity in life! 

Quoting Supervane:

This is my niece that i see often, not some kid off the street, this was just one short incident I saw earlier this evening. I have seen her behave much worse. Like hit younger kids throw things, and not mention the stuff that comes out of her mouth. I've heard her say shut up to both my inlaws. I saw her throw food at her Mom once because it wasn't what she wanted to eat. I've never seen my SIL discipline her and if she did it would show right...

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I don't know what it is but something is going wrong... I'm worried about my kid picking up on those bad habits.

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

sorry, the way you worded it just kinda gave me the impression you don't see her very often...

but that is all really sad! poor girl obviously needs more structure, discipline and positivity in life! 

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:21 PM

My niece is horrible and she is only 2. I swear that child doesn't have any common sense. She breaks things, she hits, kicks, pinches. bites, will get in my sons face and scream at him, she will not let you change her diaper (sil's fault for not potty training her) she climbs on things, plays with chemicals, draws on the walls, and on bedsheets, smears her play makeup all over the beds, and the walls, pretty much anywhere she can get to its on..........and her mom's was of "disciplining" is a joke. Today sil put her dd in the corner for a timeout, he dd cried the entire time then when sil took her out of the corner she picked her up and hugged her, didn't even explain why she was in trouble. If you give this child simply instructions she either throws a huge fit or screams "no" at you..she doesn't listen worth shit.......sil excuses her behaviour as well because well you know my niece is "bipolar" or "adhd"........yeah its all a damn joke.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM

and he will, it will be confusing but you need to teach to your son right from wrong and hope one day he will correct her or say something to her to maybe help the situation.

Quoting Supervane:

I don't know what it is but something is going wrong... I'm worried about my kid picking up on those bad habits.

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

robyann
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to your child about her behavior. Like "did you hear how she was talking to mommy and daddy?" "that is very bad behavior, that is so rude....we dont talk to people like that do we?" Things like that, everytime they are together. Your child will learn that her behavior is wrong and unacceptable and that you don't like it. So they won't do it hopefully, if he does,then punish right away and explain how that is not the way we talk.

I'd say that the talking about her behavior with your child will prevent him from copying those things.

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Do you think it would be rude to have that talk in front of my inlaws while it's still fresh or happening...? or should I wait till I'm Home with my daughter to eXplain?

I did talk to her today when we got home, told get those are things that are wrong and disrespectful to people who love us.

Quoting robyann:

Talk to your child about her behavior. Like "did you hear how she was talking to mommy and daddy?" "that is very bad behavior, that is so rude....we dont talk to people like that do we?" Things like that, everytime they are together. Your child will learn that her behavior is wrong and unacceptable and that you don't like it. So they won't do it hopefully, if he does,then punish right away and explain how that is not the way we talk.

I'd say that the talking about her behavior with your child will prevent him from copying those things.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM
That is so scarry to!

Do your kids question her awful behavior to you? Or talk about it do they notice...?

Quoting Anonymous:

My niece is horrible and she is only 2. I swear that child doesn't have any common sense. She breaks things, she hits, kicks, pinches. bites, will get in my sons face and scream at him, she will not let you change her diaper (sil's fault for not potty training her) she climbs on things, plays with chemicals, draws on the walls, and on bedsheets, smears her play makeup all over the beds, and the walls, pretty much anywhere she can get to its on..........and her mom's was of "disciplining" is a joke. Today sil put her dd in the corner for a timeout, he dd cried the entire time then when sil took her out of the corner she picked her up and hugged her, didn't even explain why she was in trouble. If you give this child simply instructions she either throws a huge fit or screams "no" at you..she doesn't listen worth shit.......sil excuses her behaviour as well because well you know my niece is "bipolar" or "adhd"........yeah its all a damn joke.

1234abcd4321
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

she's so little.. she can get better. little kids are sometimes really ridiculous until they are taught better. someone needs to put her in time out for that crap though. can you do it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)