Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not really pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies

I don't know how this has gotten so out of hand. My husband and I have been trying for over a year. I've been taking some magic little pills to help things along for the past 4 months. I had a miscarriage 2 months ago. 

Two weeks ago I was excited to tell my husband that I bought his favorite ice cream and I came up to him all smiles and said "guess what?"

He grabbed me and hugged me. He was so happy, because he assumed we were pregnant again. I don't know what came over me but I said that I was. I think I was secretly hoping that in a few days when I went to test, I actually would be, but I'm not.

We said we weren't going to tell anyone yet, but he blabbed to a couple of my friends husbands and now we are supposed to be telling our family on valentine's day.

How did I let it get so out of hand. I didn't mean to lie and I didn't know it would get so big so fast. I told him that we have an appointment next week for an ultrasound.

Do I just fake another miscarriage at this point? I really don't know what else to do to save face.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
12 moms liked this
Start fucking like crazy and pray something hits.
Shani527
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
fess up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
4 moms liked this
Tell dh the truth then discuss how u wanna tell others together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quoting Shani527:

fess up

I can't tell him that I've been lying to him or two weeks

MommyTo5Boys
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM
18 moms liked this

Yikes, ummm, I really don't know what to tell you that will not leave you in the dog house and save face at the same time so here's a bump for ya'

* Maybe tell him you took a 2nd test and it was neg and that the 1st one must have been a false positive???

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM
6 moms liked this

No, you don't fake a miscarriage, thats a horrible thing to do, it would crush him. You have to just tell him the truth or at least just say that it was a false positive and you thought you were, but you weren't really.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting LucyHarper:

No, you don't fake a miscarriage, thats a horrible thing to do, it would crush him. You have to just tell him the truth or at least just say that it was a false positive and you thought you were, but you weren't really.

a fasle positive sounds good! Thank you!

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this
All I can do is smh and feel sorry for your husband.
hellomilla
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Take a test and show him that it's negative. He might think the other one was faulty. If he asks questions fess up. Tell him you thought you were but had no proof.
spicy_n_sweet
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Tell him the truth.  If you can't tell the man you chose to spend the rest of your life with the truth.....about anything......there's something wrong there.

Tell him the truth. Let him process it.   Let the cards fall where they may.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured