Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not really pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't know how this has gotten so out of hand. My husband and I have been trying for over a year. I've been taking some magic little pills to help things along for the past 4 months. I had a miscarriage 2 months ago. 

Two weeks ago I was excited to tell my husband that I bought his favorite ice cream and I came up to him all smiles and said "guess what?"

He grabbed me and hugged me. He was so happy, because he assumed we were pregnant again. I don't know what came over me but I said that I was. I think I was secretly hoping that in a few days when I went to test, I actually would be, but I'm not.

We said we weren't going to tell anyone yet, but he blabbed to a couple of my friends husbands and now we are supposed to be telling our family on valentine's day.

How did I let it get so out of hand. I didn't mean to lie and I didn't know it would get so big so fast. I told him that we have an appointment next week for an ultrasound.

Do I just fake another miscarriage at this point? I really don't know what else to do to save face.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Stupid heifer of the day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell him you don't feel right and retest for him. Then say you guess the first test was a false positive.
jynkx
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

ummm, this does make you untrustworthy.  in case you didnt notice, this is kind of a big thing you lied about.  i would wonder what else you have lied about too.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Tell him the truth.  If you can't tell the man you chose to spend the rest of your life with the truth.....about anything......there's something wrong there.

Tell him the truth. Let him process it.   Let the cards fall where they may.

that's a terrible idea. If I tell him the truth I come off as not trust worthy. He'll be wondering what else I've lied about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

well you should get your period in a couple weeks just go with the flow

jynkx
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

i couldnt have expressed this thought better!

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Tell him the truth.  If you can't tell the man you chose to spend the rest of your life with the truth.....about anything......there's something wrong there.

Tell him the truth. Let him process it.   Let the cards fall where they may.

that's a terrible idea. If I tell him the truth I come off as not trust worthy. He'll be wondering what else I've lied about.

You surely seem like you can not be trusted You are carrying out a lie and unwilling to tell the truth.   Of course he's going to wonder what else you have lied about.  This is a pretty big lie.  Tell him the truth. Let him process it.  If you have never lied about anything else, that will show over time. If you are actually a trust worthy person, that will also so over time. However, continuing to carry out a lie, and lie even more to try and cover up the lie...will eventually come out (most lies do, you will have to lie about this the rest of your life, build upon lie the rest of your life in order to keep the lie up...what's the odds of you maintaining it forever)  you will be proven to be untrustworthy and he will be far more devastated than he will be if you own up to it now.  

tossed
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Either tell him the truth or tell him it must have been a false positive test. Take care of this NOW or you may not have a marriage. 

jynkx
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

but its not even like she thought she was at the time but was mistaken, she out right lied to him about it.

Quoting SLMitchell:

"What he's married to"?  You mean a woman who would rather experience all this inner turmoil than break her husband's heart after he assumed her good news was that she is pregnant?

Quoting Anonymous:

Your poor husband. He has no idea what he's married to.

ABeautifulQadar
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM
I saw the same story on the Steve Wilkos show
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM
*tarder sauce*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jynkx
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

so instead of correcting him at the time because you didnt want to burst his bubble, you let his excitement grow and he is out sharing your good news then its acceptable to crush him over a miscarriage?  so a miscarriage is less disappointing than realizing that his woman has ice cream instead of being pregnant wit the child you have been trying for.  yeah, ok....... not in my world.

Quoting Anonymous:

you know what? Thank you. I was beginning to think that no one understood at all and that I'm some kind of a monster. We have been trying and trying. His eyes were sparkling at that moment, how could I tell him it was just ice cream? I would never want to hurt him, never.

Quoting SLMitchell:

"What he's married to"?  You mean a woman who would rather experience all this inner turmoil than break her husband's heart after he assumed her good news was that she is pregnant?

Quoting Anonymous:

Your poor husband. He has no idea what he's married to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN