Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not really pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't know how this has gotten so out of hand. My husband and I have been trying for over a year. I've been taking some magic little pills to help things along for the past 4 months. I had a miscarriage 2 months ago. 

Two weeks ago I was excited to tell my husband that I bought his favorite ice cream and I came up to him all smiles and said "guess what?"

He grabbed me and hugged me. He was so happy, because he assumed we were pregnant again. I don't know what came over me but I said that I was. I think I was secretly hoping that in a few days when I went to test, I actually would be, but I'm not.

We said we weren't going to tell anyone yet, but he blabbed to a couple of my friends husbands and now we are supposed to be telling our family on valentine's day.

How did I let it get so out of hand. I didn't mean to lie and I didn't know it would get so big so fast. I told him that we have an appointment next week for an ultrasound.

Do I just fake another miscarriage at this point? I really don't know what else to do to save face.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I'd fake a miscarriage right away.......

Then again I would have never said that I was pregnant in the first place.......

kelly617
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

do not fake a miscarriage...thats even worse than the original lie you're caught in now
Sit down and discuss it with your DH like a fucking adult

As for your friend...just tell them "oops misread the test" or some shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM
You serious?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
False positive... And I feelsorry for your DH...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Ffs
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Tell him the truth.  If you can't tell the man you chose to spend the rest of your life with the truth.....about anything......there's something wrong there.

Tell him the truth. Let him process it.   Let the cards fall where they may.

that's a terrible idea. If I tell him the truth I come off as not trust worthy. He'll be wondering what else I've lied about.

happy41ce
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
That poor man! Karma will bite you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

just tell him you took another test and it was negative and the 1st test must have been a false positive or that you miscarried. I wouldn't let him know that you purposely lied to him cuz then he will never believe or trust you.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Just tell him the truth. Lying isn't going to do you any good.
AllieReed
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
False positive is all I know to tell you. SMH
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)