Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not really pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't know how this has gotten so out of hand. My husband and I have been trying for over a year. I've been taking some magic little pills to help things along for the past 4 months. I had a miscarriage 2 months ago. 

Two weeks ago I was excited to tell my husband that I bought his favorite ice cream and I came up to him all smiles and said "guess what?"

He grabbed me and hugged me. He was so happy, because he assumed we were pregnant again. I don't know what came over me but I said that I was. I think I was secretly hoping that in a few days when I went to test, I actually would be, but I'm not.

We said we weren't going to tell anyone yet, but he blabbed to a couple of my friends husbands and now we are supposed to be telling our family on valentine's day.

How did I let it get so out of hand. I didn't mean to lie and I didn't know it would get so big so fast. I told him that we have an appointment next week for an ultrasound.

Do I just fake another miscarriage at this point? I really don't know what else to do to save face.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (111-120):
bonniemommy100
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM
The truth shall set you free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
So because his eyes were sparkling you thought it'd be best to tell him you were pregnant knowing he'd probably share his excitement with other people? And now you want to tell ANOTHER lie for lying in the first place?

Oh yeah. He picked himself a real winner. I hope for his sake he actually figures out you're full of shit. Karma is a bitch, OP.

Quoting Anonymous:

you know what? Thank you. I was beginning to think that no one understood at all and that I'm some kind of a monster. We have been trying and trying. His eyes were sparkling at that moment, how could I tell him it was just ice cream? I would never want to hurt him, never.

Quoting SLMitchell:

"What he's married to"?  You mean a woman who would rather experience all this inner turmoil than break her husband's heart after he assumed her good news was that she is pregnant?

Quoting Anonymous:

Your poor husband. He has no idea what he's married to.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Aww I'm sorry girl. Do what the others said. Just tell him it was a false positive. I'm not for lying but I kind of get why you did it. That's sad. Just relax. It'll happen when it's supposed too.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM

This mama.. :O) Sorry.. Baby dust.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyHarper:

No, you don't fake a miscarriage, thats a horrible thing to do, it would crush him. You have to just tell him the truth or at least just say that it was a false positive and you thought you were, but you weren't really.

a fasle positive sounds good! Thank you!

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM
He didn't notice your period ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nathansmommy331
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:20 AM
Tell him the truth? Faking a miscarriage is cruel. He'll feel more pain that was uncalled for. You should have spoken up sooner. Now you're just making it worse by lying more.
Oh what a tangled web we weave, once we practice to deceive!
Keep lying & you're going to cause more trust issues when the truth comes out. And it always comes out.
just explain that you're stressed & really was hoping it was true. But lying will only make it that much worse. smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:38 AM
Just tell him the truth.
Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Wow that's crazy. Tell him that you thought you were. Idk but i hope something works out for you:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I'd say false positive rather than fake a miscarriage. Next time don't get so excited about ice cream.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)