Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not really pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't know how this has gotten so out of hand. My husband and I have been trying for over a year. I've been taking some magic little pills to help things along for the past 4 months. I had a miscarriage 2 months ago. 

Two weeks ago I was excited to tell my husband that I bought his favorite ice cream and I came up to him all smiles and said "guess what?"

He grabbed me and hugged me. He was so happy, because he assumed we were pregnant again. I don't know what came over me but I said that I was. I think I was secretly hoping that in a few days when I went to test, I actually would be, but I'm not.

We said we weren't going to tell anyone yet, but he blabbed to a couple of my friends husbands and now we are supposed to be telling our family on valentine's day.

How did I let it get so out of hand. I didn't mean to lie and I didn't know it would get so big so fast. I told him that we have an appointment next week for an ultrasound.

Do I just fake another miscarriage at this point? I really don't know what else to do to save face.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
layawatling
by Laya on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Honesty is key.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM

nothing, that's why I wouldn't want to put doubt in his mind

Quoting numonestunar:

What else have you lied about?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Tell him the truth.  If you can't tell the man you chose to spend the rest of your life with the truth.....about anything......there's something wrong there.

Tell him the truth. Let him process it.   Let the cards fall where they may.

that's a terrible idea. If I tell him the truth I come off as not trust worthy. He'll be wondering what else I've lied about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I'd go with a false positive. Good luck. 

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Novel idea, tell him the truth just as you told us.

Hey, I was hoping to be pregnant you were so excited I didn't want to dash your hopes-and it got out of hand.  Expect him to be PISSED and never do anything so stupid again.

Mayra99
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

just tell him you took another test and it was negative and the 1st test must have been a false positive or that you miscarried. I wouldn't let him know that you purposely lied to him cuz then he will never believe or trust you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Fake a miscarriage but only after you get good massages and stuff. Take advantage of it until you're like 12 weeks or something. Then say you lost it. Make him rub your feet an get you ice cream! Hahaha!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Tell him the truth. What possessed you to say yes, you were pregnant. When you know how hard you two were trying and he would get this happy.
skittlefart
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM

That sucks dude. It'll break your hubby's heart either way...so I don't even know

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
GoddessBaker
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Fess up. You should have in the first place even if you didn't want to hurt his feelings. Explain to him that you had really bought him ice cream, when he had the reaction he did and assumed you were pregnant it was hard for you to break his spirits that way. Lying is never the answer. It always leads to more lies, and ALL lies, at one point or another, get found out. It's just easier not to lie. Good luck hun :)

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Tell him that you just got your period and it must be a miscarraige.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)