Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not really pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't know how this has gotten so out of hand. My husband and I have been trying for over a year. I've been taking some magic little pills to help things along for the past 4 months. I had a miscarriage 2 months ago. 

Two weeks ago I was excited to tell my husband that I bought his favorite ice cream and I came up to him all smiles and said "guess what?"

He grabbed me and hugged me. He was so happy, because he assumed we were pregnant again. I don't know what came over me but I said that I was. I think I was secretly hoping that in a few days when I went to test, I actually would be, but I'm not.

We said we weren't going to tell anyone yet, but he blabbed to a couple of my friends husbands and now we are supposed to be telling our family on valentine's day.

How did I let it get so out of hand. I didn't mean to lie and I didn't know it would get so big so fast. I told him that we have an appointment next week for an ultrasound.

Do I just fake another miscarriage at this point? I really don't know what else to do to save face.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (41-50):
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM
You have to. It's really what is best. Tell him exactly what you said here. You were swept up in the moment and afraid to let him down again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Shani527:

fess up

I can't tell him that I've been lying to him or two weeks

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM

my period is due tomorrow. I figured that I would just wait and say that.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

You have to. It's really what is best. Tell him exactly what you said here. You were swept up in the moment and afraid to let him down again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Shani527:

fess up

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Tell him the truth...please
nicki1018
by Special Sauce on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Yikes!
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I was wondering how he could have missed a period happening or are you really late or something?

Shani527
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM
But you are comfortable lying to him about a miscarriage? I dont get it.
I think its worse to lie about losing a baby. I think honesty is what you need. Read him this post or write aletter if it makesit easier.

its going to be hard either way but why cover up one lie with another?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Shani527:

fess up

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Quoting ColleenF30:

I was wondering how he could have missed a period happening or are you really late or something?

No When I told him I hadn't even ovulated yet. I was checking to see if I was ovulating. My period is due tomorrow and I'm pretty sure it's coming. There is still a chance, but today I have a headache and a backache so I figure tomorrow I'll start my period. That's why I posted tonight, until now I was still hoping that maybe I got pregnant.

wineisfine
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him the truth, a marriage that has lying is just not good. I can't believe you let it get this far either, I am just confused how a woman could do that  to the man she loves!

allycally
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Where's ur period
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Quoting allycally:

Where's ur period

coming

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured