Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not really pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't know how this has gotten so out of hand. My husband and I have been trying for over a year. I've been taking some magic little pills to help things along for the past 4 months. I had a miscarriage 2 months ago. 

Two weeks ago I was excited to tell my husband that I bought his favorite ice cream and I came up to him all smiles and said "guess what?"

He grabbed me and hugged me. He was so happy, because he assumed we were pregnant again. I don't know what came over me but I said that I was. I think I was secretly hoping that in a few days when I went to test, I actually would be, but I'm not.

We said we weren't going to tell anyone yet, but he blabbed to a couple of my friends husbands and now we are supposed to be telling our family on valentine's day.

How did I let it get so out of hand. I didn't mean to lie and I didn't know it would get so big so fast. I told him that we have an appointment next week for an ultrasound.

Do I just fake another miscarriage at this point? I really don't know what else to do to save face.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell the truth. Duh. He is the person you chose to spend the rest of your life with, so be honest with him!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this
No, a woman who would actually rather fake a miscarriage and lie than tell the truth to her husband. You and OP sound like a match made in heaven. Pathetic.

Quoting SLMitchell:

"What he's married to"?  You mean a woman who would rather experience all this inner turmoil than break her husband's heart after he assumed her good news was that she is pregnant?

Quoting Anonymous:

Your poor husband. He has no idea what he's married to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Tell him it was a chemical pregnancy. I had one. Betas never went over 11 but had the faintest positive. Then my period came only a few days late.
momwith2monkeys
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

just tell him the truth. i hate it when women fake a miscarriage. If you are worried about what other will say just the them you had a false positive  on a pee test. but you need to do this soon before it goes to far and everyone in your family think you are pregnant and you are not.

My sil use to fake pregnancies all the time and around 4 months she would fake a miscarriage. she would do this about 3 times a year. she would even go to ER. i remember one where i had to pick her up from the ER but the next day she was breaking into my bil van by climbing throught the window, yea i bet she had just miscarriaged.  not to mention she had her tubes tied.

mommytoacloud
by Angel on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Say it was a false positive and i didnt get pregnant until i gave up on getting pregnant
BoofersGurl17
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Lying about something like having a miscarriage would be terrible and crush him.

Quoting LucyHarper:

No, you don't fake a miscarriage, thats a horrible thing to do, it would crush him. You have to just tell him the truth or at least just say that it was a false positive and you thought you were, but you weren't really.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SLMitchell
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM

It seems to me that this is a situation where a "little white lie" is necessary to make things easier for everyone involved.  If you have not already, go to the doctor for an "official" test.  If it comes up negative, tell your husband that the home pregnancy test you took apparently registered a false positive.  My husband have been trying to have a second child since our four year old was a year old (I had been told I would never even have one child), so I know how you feel.  If you find yourself in a similar situation again, just tell him he is mistaken right away, and that you are not pregnant.  I know you could not stand to break his heart, but the longer you let him believe you are pregnant, the worse that heart break will be.

Quoting Anonymous:

you know what? Thank you. I was beginning to think that no one understood at all and that I'm some kind of a monster. We have been trying and trying. His eyes were sparkling at that moment, how could I tell him it was just ice cream? I would never want to hurt him, never.

Quoting SLMitchell:

"What he's married to"?  You mean a woman who would rather experience all this inner turmoil than break her husband's heart after he assumed her good news was that she is pregnant?

Quoting Anonymous:

Your poor husband. He has no idea what he's married to.

SLMitchell
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM

She said she had bought his favorite ice cream.

Quoting lizzyluvsmoe:

When you said "guess what?" what were you going to say to him?

I am...a dreadlocks sportin', vegan food diggin', garden growin', floaty skirt wearin', bare feet steppin', from scratch cookin', non-spankin', homeschoolin', fiction writin', couponin', dog adoptin', displaced Texan, wife of a soldier and mother of a darlin'...

LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I'm so sorry. Its so hard to TTC. I know from personal experience. Just tell him it was a false positive
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)