Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not really pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't know how this has gotten so out of hand. My husband and I have been trying for over a year. I've been taking some magic little pills to help things along for the past 4 months. I had a miscarriage 2 months ago. 

Two weeks ago I was excited to tell my husband that I bought his favorite ice cream and I came up to him all smiles and said "guess what?"

He grabbed me and hugged me. He was so happy, because he assumed we were pregnant again. I don't know what came over me but I said that I was. I think I was secretly hoping that in a few days when I went to test, I actually would be, but I'm not.

We said we weren't going to tell anyone yet, but he blabbed to a couple of my friends husbands and now we are supposed to be telling our family on valentine's day.

How did I let it get so out of hand. I didn't mean to lie and I didn't know it would get so big so fast. I told him that we have an appointment next week for an ultrasound.

Do I just fake another miscarriage at this point? I really don't know what else to do to save face.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (91-100):
momma2mms
by Kristin on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I don't usually suggest lying. Do it this time. tell him you weren't really feeling pregnant so you took another test and it was negative. Tell friends it was a false positive. Don't lie anymore!

lizzyluvsmoe
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM

yupp, missed it...going to bed now...

Quoting SLMitchell:

She said she had bought his favorite ice cream.

Quoting lizzyluvsmoe:

When you said "guess what?" what were you going to say to him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Tell the truth at this point or fake a miscarriage.  Either way, don't let him think that you are pregnant for another day..... this could ruin your marriage so be careful!

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM
You need to tell the truth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SLMitchell
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I do not think that faking a miscarriage is the right thing to do.  I never said I did.  I was merely pointing out that the whole unfortunate situation was not started maliciously, but because she loves her husband so much.  She is not some monster.  She is a human who made a mistake, which she is now trying to remedy.  No, faking a miscarriage is not the answer, but she is obviously very upset and desperate, and therefore not thinking all that clearly.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, a woman who would actually rather fake a miscarriage and lie than tell the truth to her husband. You and OP sound like a match made in heaven. Pathetic.

Quoting SLMitchell:

"What he's married to"?  You mean a woman who would rather experience all this inner turmoil than break her husband's heart after he assumed her good news was that she is pregnant?

Quoting Anonymous:

Your poor husband. He has no idea what he's married to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I feel bad for your DH.  He sounds like he is very happy that you're "pregnant"  I would tell him the truth, but it's going to cause some major trust issues I'm sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Her "remedy" is lying in some way, shape or form. Not a good solution. At all. This is one reason so many marriages just fail. Can nobody be honest anymore? As upset as he might be, I'm almost positive he would appreciate the truth. Especially if he somehow found out about the lie.

Quoting SLMitchell:

I do not think that faking a miscarriage is the right thing to do.  I never said I did.  I was merely pointing out that the whole unfortunate situation was not started maliciously, but because she loves her husband so much.  She is not some monster.  She is a human who made a mistake, which she is now trying to remedy.  No, faking a miscarriage is not the answer, but she is obviously very upset and desperate, and therefore not thinking all that clearly.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, a woman who would actually rather fake a miscarriage and lie than tell the truth to her husband. You and OP sound like a match made in heaven. Pathetic.

Quoting SLMitchell:

"What he's married to"?  You mean a woman who would rather experience all this inner turmoil than break her husband's heart after he assumed her good news was that she is pregnant?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mommyof2114
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Yikes.
zoo003
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:51 PM
You are not a monster and you may not have meant to hurt him, but I still don't understand why you continued the lie. I believe that it would have been much easier to let him know you were speaking of ice cream, than dealing with the mess you are in now. You knew it wasn't true, you knew you lied, and you knew the longer you withheld the truth, the greater the hurt would be for your dh. Trust and honesty are very important in a marriage. They are the basis for a strong relationship. I have been married for over 16 years and I couldn't imagine having to lie about being pregnant or a fake pregnancy test/miscarriage.

Quoting Anonymous:

you know what? Thank you. I was beginning to think that no one understood at all and that I'm some kind of a monster. We have been trying and trying. His eyes were sparkling at that moment, how could I tell him it was just ice cream? I would never want to hurt him, never.

Quoting SLMitchell:

Quoting Anonymous:

HeathersForever
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Why don't you tell him you never even did a pregnancy test you were just feeling sick so you assumed you were and got excited and it was too early to test and then you did and it kept coming up neg and you thought it had to be wrong. With an ex of mine this honestly happened to me although I TOLD him I was testing neg but I thought for sure I was pregnant, I was so sick, smells bothered me etc...I guess it was just hormones in the end because my period came
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)