Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think i am going to deactive my facebook account

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Here is my problem. I have a 13 year old daughter. my daughter isn't my husband bio daughter but my husband has raised her since she was 1.

About a month ago my ex's sister somehow found me on facebook and sent me  a message wanting talk to my daughter and i ignored the request. Then she sent me a friend request and i decline it the request. I haven't heard anything since then and tonight i got the same message from my ex's son who is 15 and a friend request i declined it as well.

My ex was an abusive sob and on drugs and i left the state to get away from all of that. I haven't heard anything from any of them in 13 years and now people want to start doing this. That is  not my life or my daughter life. I made a new life here and i have a family here. I don't want this shit. They had my ex's son send me a message thinking i would respond because i raised that boy for 3 years but he is not a 3 year old anymore and i don't know him now. I understand that   by blood he is my daughter half-brother and she is my daughter aunt but  they are not her family. I am having issues with my daughter and i do not need any of them trying to get involved in her life right now.  There is a reason why i left.

I don't know, this shit is just bothering me right now. and i just needed to vent and get it off my chest. I don't need anyone trying to tell me how i am a bad mom ect.... you don't know what we both went through all those years ago. I don't need anyone telling me i should let her talk to them either, because it isn't happening. i just wanted to vent.

thanks for listening.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Just block all of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM

No bashing from me!  I got rid of my FB a long time ago.There are just some things you are better off not having in your life,you know?

happy41ce
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Why shun your daughters family when the ex is the pos?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SAnders224
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Just block them. Then they cant search for you and message you or send a request.
jacquelynxox
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I'd block them
skittlefart
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Even though you say that it's not happening, she's 13 and is going to be really pissed with you if she wants to have a relationship with her other side of her family and you're keeping her from it. You're protecting her from your ex, that's understandable but you honestly don't know about her brother (and what i'm going to assume) you don't know about her aunt. A child needs their family, especially at these young ages. It doesn't sound like it would hurt to just try it out and see if things have changed. They obviously are thinking of her and want something to do with her, you should at least try once. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
FL2AK
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM

You can make it to where you don't come up when people search you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM

if they wanted to know her, why wait 13 years. they have known all this time where i am at. they can't try to come back in her life after 13 year and act like family.

Quoting happy41ce:

Why shun your daughters family when the ex is the pos?

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Ate.
marinenonstop
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
You can block them and make your account completely impossible to search. My dh did that when his ex kept finding him and messaging him. Now in order to friend him..he has to find you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN