Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

advice please ladies PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 16 Replies
I am almost 18wks pregnant. I am the mom that got put on bed rest for the partial placental abruption. I have had slightly elevated blood pressure a few times this pregnancy as well. I had Pre-E with my last pregnancy (4yrs ago). I am concerned bc I have had migraines for the past NINE days. My doctor knows and prescribed me HYDROCODONE/APAP 10/650. They don't help at all anymore. I'm concerned that this migraine is something more serious. I can't even eat because the pain is so bad it is making me sick. What do I do? Please help me mamas??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I would call your doctor if prescribed pain meds are no longer working....

stressedmama24
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM
They're closed for the weekend and I don't know if I should wait until Monday or go to the ER in the morning. I can't go tonight bc I'm home alone with my other three kids.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM

hmmmm...thats up to you. However, since your pain meds havent been working for nine days, Im assuming, correct me if im wrong. Why haven't you called your doctor before today?

Quoting stressedmama24:

They're closed for the weekend and I don't know if I should wait until Monday or go to the ER in the morning. I can't go tonight bc I'm home alone with my other three kids.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Bump for you because idk. But could you please tell me what PIOG means? Thank you and I hope you start feeling better!

stressedmama24
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I have. They just told me it can take time for the meds to work and that headaches in pregnancy are normal and to stay hydrated and rest.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

hmmmm...thats up to you. However, since your pain meds havent been working for nine days, Im assuming, correct me if im wrong. Why haven't you called your doctor before today?

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting Lyssa0587:

stressedmama24
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Thank you and PIOG means posted in other groups.

Quoting tlcory:

Bump for you because idk. But could you please tell me what PIOG means? Thank you and I hope you start feeling better!

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM

hmmm....I bet it would be safe to wait until monday, since  you have called already. If you are uncomfortable with waiting just go to the ER tomorrow. Headaches in pregnancy are normal, but 9 days in a row seems to be extreme...I dont typically get many headaches past my first trimester unless I am really tired or something. Just make sure that as soon as you feel a headache coming on take the medicine, otherwise it wont work as sufficiently. I hope you get to feeling better. *hugs*

Quoting stressedmama24:

I have. They just told me it can take time for the meds to work and that headaches in pregnancy are normal and to stay hydrated and rest.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting Lyssa0587:

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Thank you!

Quoting stressedmama24:

Thank you and PIOG means posted in other groups.

Quoting tlcory:

stressedmama24
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Thank you. I have had migraines for years but they get worse during pregnancy. This is baby #4 and the migraines never have been this bad. The meds were working and if i started getting one I would take a pill and they would go away but today it isn't even putting a dent in the pain.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

hmmm....I bet it would be safe to wait until monday, since  you have called already. If you are uncomfortable with waiting just go to the ER tomorrow. Headaches in pregnancy are normal, but 9 days in a row seems to be extreme...I dont typically get many headaches past my first trimester unless I am really tired or something. Just make sure that as soon as you feel a headache coming on take the medicine, otherwise it wont work as sufficiently. I hope you get to feeling better. *hugs*

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM

has the weather changed outside? dramatic drop or rise in barometric pressure causes me to have a migraine that wont go away....even when I take meds. That could be part of it. I don't typically get headaches or migraines often at all. I wish I could say I know how you feel, but I can't :/.  My best friend used to get them so bad in High school that she would black out, she still gets them like that occassionally. Drink a ton of water and see if that helps, if you aren't eating enough that could also not be helping. 

Quoting stressedmama24:

Thank you. I have had migraines for years but they get worse during pregnancy. This is baby #4 and the migraines never have been this bad. The meds were working and if i started getting one I would take a pill and they would go away but today it isn't even putting a dent in the pain.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)