Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone been on PA while they went back to school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 169 Replies
Has anyone received TANF while they went back to school full time?

Yes, I am asking for myself. I am barely making ends meet because jobs are hard to come by in my town and I can't get anything above minimum wage with my high shool diploma. Yes, I would be ashamed to be on welfare and I know there are going to be people who bash me but I can't be concerned with you because I'm just trying to better myself and give my son a better life.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM
3 moms liked this

You're supposed to better yourself after you've met your basic needs.  You should've thought about your son before you had him.

cLanief
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
No idea but good luck :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM
7 moms liked this

I received foodstamps while going to school full time. I didn't qualify for TANF but if you do than go ahead and take it! Why even bother asking this question here, you know a lot of the women on here are bitches and will bash you no matter what. Don't feel bad. As long as your going to school and planing on not staying on welfare forever who cares what they think? You gotta survive any way you can. Good luck!

AprilDJC
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM
3 moms liked this
If you need it, and ots TEMPORARY while yoi go to school to make a better life, go for it. You do what you need to do. Maybe some of the perfect moms on here would rather see you not go to school, not get a better job, and end up on PA for a longer time. Theyre going to judge either way. Do what YOU need to to improve your future regardless what other people who are not in your situation think about it. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Quoting cLanief:

No idea but good luck :-)

Thank you for the luck.
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM
8 moms liked this

Quoting ElitestJen:

You're supposed to better yourself after you've met your basic needs.  You should've thought about your son before you had him.

Some people arn't ready for college when they're young.There is nothing wrong with trying to better yourself no matter what your age is! This will help her in the long run. Better to recieve aid in the short term than doing nothing and needing it forever. Her son is already here, why are you trying to make her feel bad about something she cannot change? Now, getting a degree is something she CAN change and I fully support anyone who wants to further their education :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting yummypeaches:

I received foodstamps while going to school full time. I didn't qualify for TANF but if you do than go ahead and take it! Why even bother asking this question here, you know a lot of the women on here are bitches and will bash you no matter what. Don't feel bad. As long as your going to school and planing on not staying on welfare forever who cares what they think? You gotta survive any way you can. Good luck!

Thank you. I know they are going to bash but I wanted to go anon. I'm going on Monday to find out if I'm eligible. I was just wondering if anyone knew any of the details on it, the website is kind of confusing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Quoting AprilDJC:

If you need it, and ots TEMPORARY while yoi go to school to make a better life, go for it. You do what you need to do. Maybe some of the perfect moms on here would rather see you not go to school, not get a better job, and end up on PA for a longer time. Theyre going to judge either way. Do what YOU need to to improve your future regardless what other people who are not in your situation think about it. Good luck!

Thank you. I appreciate it. :)
godsgirl26
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM
No, but good luck. I know what you mean jobs here are so hard to come by also. My husband has been looking for a job for a long time and still nothing.
godsgirl26
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Also do what you have to do if that means getting on government assistance to help yourself go for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)