Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

help me understand...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
People spent years trying to get respect and get rid of the word, and now suddenly n*gger is a positive word meaning buddy, friend, or pal to teenagers?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM
This is not sudden. It's true and sad but it has been going on for a very long time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Huh? I mean, among some of the people of the black race, it has been a "term of endearment" for a long time. Do you mean like, all teenagers or primarily black ones?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Mostly white in this area

Quoting Anonymous:

Huh? I mean, among some of the people of the black race, it has been a "term of endearment" for a long time. Do you mean like, all teenagers or primarily black ones?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Mostly white in this area

Quoting Anonymous:

Huh. How the hell did that happen? Odd.

brittany208
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Last I heard it was still offensive for a white person to say it. but a black person could.

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM

My teenager told me that it is common now because this generation, black and white have taken the power and negative connotation away by using it as a term of endearment. I'm not saying it is right or wrong......just telling you what my teen said when I asked  about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I still hate that word and I'm sick of others telling me that I use the word when I don't just because I'm black.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sharbear42371
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I think it is a generation thing as well.  However, it wont be said around this house!  I wish ppl would have more respect of the generation that came before them that was affected negitively by the word.

SillySally83
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I have only spanked my daughter once in her life and I don't plan to do it again... that said, if she uses any racial slur and I hear of it I'm going to tan that ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)